Author Topic: Humor from Jack Chick  (Read 4976 times)

cyan10101

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • the spice is vital for space travel
    • View Profile
Re: Humor from Jack Chick
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2005, 06:53:36 PM »
wow, that is pretty good.  WHo is this jack chick guy anyway.  i have never heard of him before this.
everything was going fine, until i critically failed my intelligence check!

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 06:54:53 PM »
Jack Chick writes christian tracts... actually the articles your reading are from his "D&D expert" and posted on his website...

this was his initial attack against AD&D though

http://www.darkholmekeep.net/crusade/dd1.cfm
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 07:01:03 PM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 06:55:40 PM »
A special hell

No, that's only for people who talk at the movie theater.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 07:02:29 PM »
Or letcherous old humps...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2005, 07:52:02 PM »
I call heresy.

Everyone knows that this is a misrepresentation of MST3K. It's not MST3K without Joel (it was JOEL who made crow and tom, not Mike) and without the mad dr. and Frank.

anyway, every single time I read anything by Jack Chick, I think of the Book of Mormon scripture "Wo unto the liar, for he shall be thrust down to hell."
For someone interested in bringing people to Christ, he sure is a hatemonger who doesn't mind fictionalizing his sources. His "experts" are blatant liars and never in any AD&D book (I have read every core source book from the original book derived from Chainmail through Basic/Expert and all three and a half editions of AD&D -- still own most of them) has there ever been detailed information on how a real person can cast a real spell, and anyone spending 15 seconds to read the book will see that. I'm still waiting to see that info. I'd like to cast that mind spell on my wife so she'll buy me $200 in D&D rulebooks and miniatures.

cyan10101

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2005, 08:50:43 PM »
maybe he is a rogue and has ranks in bluff? not very many though.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2005, 08:53:14 PM »
Oh, let's start a web rumor that Jack Chick is really an avid D&D player who writes all these articles because he's mad at his DM.

Jack Chick IS Blackleaf!
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2005, 10:27:18 PM »
I haven't laughed this hard or this much for a long time.
Eagle Prince, 42, cyan10101, I now demand an all-encompassing and total loyalty, control and allegiance from you.
*takes a sip of his refreshing beverage
Hey, that's not Pepsi!
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2005, 10:34:12 PM »
 Erosion of family values-the Dungeon Master (DM) demands an all-encompassing and total loyalty, control and allegiance.

Like Jack Chick is himself trying to achieve? :x
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 11:26:58 PM »
The Holy Trinity: Player's Handbook, Dungeonmaster's Guide, Monster Manual.  Pay close attention to the covers, they hold alchemical and occult symbols such as the All-Seeing Eye, Eastern Star, etc.

I think these people are mad once D&D revealed to them that it will be rules-lawyers who will master the universe.  They clearly have come to understand that Rules Mastery is the true path to occult power, but apparently could not achieve that power.  So you are likely correct, Blackleaf is based on Jack Chick's own D&D experience!  He failed to achieve rules mastery and true character optimisation, thus revealing a weakness that showed the DM that he did not have the nessessary appitude for true wizardry.  So Jack got kicked out of the group, yes it seems to all make sense now...

Here are some quotes I liked:

"Our souls we will have forever, and what if they have been destroyed by playing D&D?"

"D&D is an extremely challenging game intellectually and emotionally"

"He is also pretty ignorant about hard-core occultism, as mentioned earlier, when he mocks the Necronomicon and claims it is entirely fictional"

"It has never been our contention that D&D alone turns people into drooling demoniacs"

--------------

An interesting note, the guys writing these are like self-proclaimed High Priests of the church of Satan.  Yes, interesting to say the least, hmm....
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2005, 11:46:54 PM »

*takes a sip of his refreshing beverage
Hey, that's not Pepsi!

Perhaps the drain-cleaner/rat poison combo is too noticible.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

darth_hick

• Level 1
  • tennessee sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2005, 01:45:17 AM »
that's magic missile baby!  I would love to play a session with this guy.  He hasn't really seen me play at all,  he would know that d&d isn't as emotional as he says.  I go through characters fast, most recent one lasted 2 sessions.  Renzo is supposed to be dead Eagle Prince.  You can't save them all!  Long live chaos!!

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2005, 02:57:12 AM »
darth_hick, from you I also demand the whole loyalty/allegiance/control thing. Welcome to the site!
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

cyan10101

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2005, 03:29:21 AM »
sorry i got BJ signed up at work (as darth hick) and forgot i was signed on as him.  that was my post dan.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2005, 03:54:17 AM »
Renzo and Glim are still alive.  Your characters shall never die, not on my watch, not even if it means becoming a god to bring them back, or blowing up the black hole on the mage ship to reverse time for a second chance.  Whatever it takes, I will keep them all alive.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.