Author Topic: review: Through Wolf's Eyes  (Read 2635 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Soryn

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • hey hey
    • View Profile
Re: review: Through Wolf's Eyes
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 11:49:34 PM »
Thanks Nessa - I find it funny since I just recently picked up this book and began reading it, then hit a wall about halfway through. I agree wholeheartedly to your remarks. It gets a little tough with all the new names being thrown every way (took me a while to even understand the family chart) and I felt deprived of why I really started to read the book: Fireheart!

I intend to finish it, however - overall it's an alright book so far. Though I wonder, has anyone else read further into the series? Does it get any more interesting or exciting?

Azhev

• Level 5
  • Wanderer of my own little world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 07:02:22 PM »
I rather enjoyed Through Wolf's Eyes.  Yeah, it plods along near the end, but it was a good read.  I've read the next two books in series, Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart and Dragons of Despair.  While they are not the best reads out there, I have enjoyed the series, watching characters develop and seeing new characters.  Luckily, she seems to have learned and doesn't throw so many unknown characters at the reader.  Worth recommending.
"The ending of a book is, in my experience, both the best and the worst part to read.  For the ending will often decide whethet you love or hate the book."

-Alcatraz Smedry, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, p262

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 09:35:34 PM »
Yes, the others aren't so packed with names and affiliations and such. I will say that I wish she were better at weaving romance in the stories. But the action and the magic and characters really get you hooked. She's got some great villains in store, too.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Azhev

• Level 5
  • Wanderer of my own little world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 09:14:58 PM »
Ah who needs romance.   :P
"The ending of a book is, in my experience, both the best and the worst part to read.  For the ending will often decide whethet you love or hate the book."

-Alcatraz Smedry, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, p262

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 02:07:28 AM »
Ah who needs romance.   :P

Me! (My writing group knows this alllllll too well.)
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 03:58:28 AM »
* Shrain smiles knowingly
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT