Author Topic: Lost *Spoiled*  (Read 19722 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Lost *Spoiled*
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2006, 10:57:17 PM »
Lost will run into problems if they are planning on the current plots lasting longer than three seasons.

To avoid Twin Peaks syndrom they really need to wrap up the current plots and start new plot lines if they get renewed.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2006, 01:20:17 AM »
But then I thought, how could he hurt poor Sun (even if he didn't mean to hurt her) or endanger her life? It's just so . . . disillusioning! It makes me so mad.

I was under the impression that he just kidnapped her then let her 'escape' from him and she hurt herself by falling.  So, technically, he didn't intend to hurt her, just scare her.  
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2006, 02:05:44 PM »
Yeah, that's why I put, in parentheses, "even if he didn't mean to hurt her." 'Cuz I really don't think he wanted to hurt her at all but the fact that he'd even marginally "attack" her is . . . awful.  :(
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2006, 02:50:39 PM »
Lost will run into problems if they are planning on the current plots lasting longer than three seasons.

To avoid Twin Peaks syndrom they really need to wrap up the current plots and start new plot lines if they get renewed.

I don't know the quote, but I read somewhere that the creators realize that this show can't last very long because of how it was set up. I don't how long they are planning, but I know that they know where it's going. They may be trying to add "filler" though to make it last longer. Not sure.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2006, 03:42:03 PM »
42, Tink, here's something I forgot to write about. A while ago, I read an in-depth article in TV Guide once about how the creators, who were once involved in both Twin Peaks and X-Files were dedicated to -not- making the same mistakes they made with those series. That gives me some confidence that they won't keep recycling plots and that they'll keep a sustained attention to storytelling and character development. (Incidentially, they emphatically denied that the survivors are trapped in "hell" or that they are all dead).

*Shrain crosses her fingers and hopes they pull it off*
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 03:43:07 PM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2006, 10:03:19 PM »
Incidentially, they emphatically denied that the survivors are trapped in "hell" or that they are all dead).

*Shrain crosses her fingers and hopes they pull it off*

I'm totally glad for that too; and it's true, they said that everything that's happened can be scientifically explained.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2006, 02:50:13 PM »
Okay, we watched the episode last night (recorded it Wed.) and after watching it, Karen said "I am having a really hard time finding anything to like about these people anymore." I started feeling the same way after the Eco episode.

Everyone's a real stinker. With no sympathy for the characters, why should we continue to watch this show?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2006, 03:18:10 PM »
Sadly, I have to agree a little. I mean, they keep sabotaging the characters. Sure, we expect them to have done crummy stuff in their past. Yet, in early episodes, we'd see them doing some good things now. But lately all we see is the characters doing stupid or cruel things--oh, with the exception of seeing Hurley and Sayid bonding a little.

Charlie is one of the most confusing, for instance. I'm so ticked by how he'd come so far and now he's becoming a vindictive jerk. >:( BUT maybe this is just a negative phase and we'll have some more sympathetic character plots developing soon...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 03:18:30 PM by shrain78 »
--Spriggan

Tage

• Level 29
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2006, 05:10:24 PM »
I think it's time for Sayid to step up and be a hero. He's always been cooler than Jack, anyway.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2006, 06:12:52 PM »
And so much hotter that it barely even needs to be mentioned.

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2006, 02:01:55 PM »
I agree that Sayid is hunky. But I like clean-cut doctor types too.... ;)

Anyway, I've got my VCR all set for tonight so I can watch the new ep once I get back from my writing class. Plus, I bought some 50% off v-day candy to enjoy with my viewing. hehe. I know, I know, it's rather pathetic. But, hey, I take my fun where I can get it.
--Spriggan

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2006, 02:57:48 PM »
Sawyer squished a poor frog with his bare hands! What a sick jerk. He needs to be voted *off* the island--preferably by an absurd accident.  :P

Sayid's litmus test of determing honesty is . . . frightening but creepily compelling. (I really thought his acting, esp. when talking about burying Shannon, was intense and wonderfully done.)

I'm with Sayid: I think the hot air balloon guy is full of hot air. He's a scumbag Other.

And Charlie seems to be the favorite castaway collaborator.

But I've got to know what those symbols were on the countdown clock in the hatch!! Nothing exploded, but how come the clock reset itself even after the time ran out. I'm dying to know what the heck those could mean. Any pictographic interpreters in the house?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 03:06:22 PM by shrain78 »
--Spriggan

Tage

• Level 29
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2006, 03:41:43 PM »
I think it's time for Sayid to step up and be a hero. He's always been cooler than Jack, anyway.

Well, that'll teach me.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2006, 09:24:14 PM »
So are you saying Sayid is or isn't being a hero by beating up Mr. Hot Air Balloon Man?
--Spriggan

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2006, 11:08:29 PM »
Ok, as if mr. Henry Gale wasn't so obviously a cover name (He has the name of Dorothy's uncle? And he flew in a hot air balloon??) tonight he's totally proven it.

He's definitely an Other.  I loved the look on his face when Mr. Eko came in though.  Was tonight enough plot development for you guys?