Author Topic: WoD Relaunch  (Read 3756 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: WoD Relaunch
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2004, 06:19:36 PM »
I've gotta agree with Pleasington. The only place Storyteller ever fell down for us was extended combat.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 06:20:41 PM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2004, 06:26:33 PM »
That reminds me of one of my favorite aspects of the system... extended actions.  I don't think many other systems can claim such a good mechanic for the outcome of actions that require more than a round or two.  It's an elegant method and is fully integrated.

Just a random thought.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2004, 02:00:33 AM »
So thanks to this thread, I picked up the new revised WOD and Vampire the Requiem the other day. Maybe it was because of pangs for the good times I used to have, maybe because Im not sure I can wait till march for the Iron Kingdoms World Guide. Whatever the reasons I have to say WOD is a pretty cool revision. First of all having the core rules in one book and the setting extras in another cut down on reprinted material greatly which is good for WW secondly it allows players to play normal guys without owning Vampire or Hunter.

My ideas are already flowing, but I see two possabilities one a Buffy the Vampire slayer style game and the other Vampire like I used to play in High School. In Vampire the characters are very underpowerd compared to the old system and like Mr. P said, the blood potency thing really works better than the Generation thing in VTM.  

Vampire impressed me, but I think I was just whelmed, not over or underwhelmed, just whelmed. Mage promises to be really cool though, because I can already see how everything works. I forsee a lot of the traditions changing, and a few new ones in the works. The cool part about this new style of game from WW is that characters can be made unique at least as far as special attributes go.  

So far there are only plans to produce Werewolf and Mage as seperate WOD campaigns, which is dissapointing because WW's coolest games (IMHO) Wraith and Changling wont be done.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2004, 08:17:18 AM »
From what I know, in the backstory the changlings all died during the reckoning. They either fled to Arcadia (where the bridges finally fell down) or they went feral. Many of the critters that hunters fight were supposed to be feral changlings. :)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2004, 02:20:17 PM »
Yeah according to the old rules, but the new WOD is a completely different WOD with a different backstory and such. It does not happen after the events that WOD just did. Basically its 3E.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2004, 05:44:05 PM »
My friend Shawn (doors and windows guy) updated Orpheus to NWOD without any trouble at all.  I just played it last night and had a hoot.  The campaign has been going on a while, but this was the first night I could make it.  

Good, ghostly fun,  and much more accessible than Wraith was.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2004, 06:26:51 PM »
I think wraith was creepier than Orpheus is though... way creepier.  I never liked the government organization looking for ghosts and goblins angle. Plus the whole alive and dead angle is strange.... still Im sure a lot of people love it.