Games > Video Games

Too Many March Games

(1/6) > >>

Chaos:
Good freaking god every game that I've wanted is coming in March. Seriously, developers, what the hell. Let's take a look!

March 9th - Final Fantasy 13
March 14th - Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (DS)
March 16th - Dragon Age Origins - Awakening; Infinite Space (DS)

I do not have enough freakin' free time to have four RPGs in a single week. Granted, FF13 can wait, but hell if I'm going to miss a chance to play that franchise on a system I actually own (I've never owned any Sony consoles, so the main series--with exception of its DS installments--are out of the question).

Seems like Pokemon will get first dibs. Gold and Silver were my favorite installments. I played that ancient GBC cartridge for years, all the way up to the GBA SP. It's the pinnacle of Pokemon, and ever since Nintendo made remakes of Red/Blue, I've wanted a remake of Gold/Silver to come out. Heck yes. It's the longest of the games, too, which makes it all the sweeter. I should probably start my preparations... Overall time commitment shouldn't be more than a weekend.

Then there's the Dragon Age expansion, Awakening. It's Bioware. It needs no other intro. Of course, I didn't really think Dragon Age was up to par to either Mass Effect game, but it is still enough to hold my interest. Pokemon and Dragon Age get my money first.

Infinite Space is a game I've been curious about for a long time. I'm anxious to see some reviews of it before spending some cash (which will be dismally low after this month), but the DS needs more hardcore RPGs. A space RPG with tons of customization? This may be really cool.

It just seems like--at least from my perspective--virtually every game I wanted in 2010 is coming out right now. Somethings messed up there.

Wait, Supreme Commander 2 comes out in March too?  :o I didn't play the first SupCom enough... I may either play SupCom 2 or skip RTS's entirely. (In case you're wondering, I have no intention to ever conceive of buying Starcraft 2. It's all more of the same Starcraft that I didn't particularly like a decade okay. Why should I care?)

Let's see, are there any other games that would hold my interest in the rest of 2010?

Golden Sun DS sure would. I'm crossing my fingers for a 2010 release on that. I suppose we shall see at E3.

Shivertongue:
Sweet Zombie Monkeys, they're doing a remake of Gold and Silver?

I mean, I was expecting it, but I've purposely cut myself off from gaming news for the past year... and it comes out three days after my birthday, meaning I'm almost guaranteed to have the money for it... But I really shouldn't. Games are a distraction. Distractions distract from writing.

But it's a new Pokemon game... *ponders*

Chaos:
I'd be fine with HeartGold and SoulSilver being the last Pokemon games I play.

Shivertongue:
Depends on what the fifth gen games have to offer, personally. If they don't have more Fire Types to offer, than I probably won't bother. Diamond and Pearl sucked in type regard.

However, if SoulSilver and HeartGold allow one to capture a Houndour before the Elite Four... I don't think I'll be able to resist.

Chaos:
Psh, who needs Houndour when you have a starter like Cyndaquil? ;)

Diamond/Pearl sucked with good water types. I have very high standards for them, haha.

Fire types usually don't have a spot on my roster.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version