Author Topic: Ticket To Ride?  (Read 1792 times)

n8sumsion

Ticket To Ride?
« on: January 27, 2005, 11:15:05 AM »
Has anyone played Ticket To Ride, by Days of Wonder? I just picked up a copy (got it for my birthday), and haven't played it yet. I've been really looking forward to it, though, and wondered if anyone here has opinions on it.

It's made by Days of Wonder, who also did the wonderful Mystery of the Abbey. And Ticket to Ride won the 2004 Spiel des Jahres (German Game of the Year). So I'm hoping it's pretty good.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Re: Ticket To Ride?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 03:19:25 PM »
I keep seeing ads for the game over at rpg.net, but don't know much about it.

I think I'm going to have to go to boardgamegeek and check it out since I keep hearing folks talk about it.

Firemeboy

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Spoooon!
    • View Profile
    • Chickens Don't Have Armpits
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 03:51:27 PM »
I'm sure this is quite late, but my brother has it, and we enjoy it quite a bit.  Not my favorite, but I like it enough to think about buying it myself...
Licensed to dispense PEZ in 28 states.

n8sumsion

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 10:36:08 AM »
This game has become my family's current favorite. We play it a lot. It's simple to play, well-balanced, there's no dice or weird rules that add confusion. I definitely recommend this one.

I still haven't tried out the online version. And I'm eagerly awaiting an expansion with a map of Europe, supposedly they're working on it.

Kirby

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Will DM for food
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 03:55:58 AM »
Good game, simple like he said up there ^ but fun as hell.

It is a game where you get points by making train lines. Exciting concept yes I know</sarcasm>, but do not let that fool you, it has alot of stratagy and thinking parts to it and the fact that you can utturly screw other people is a plus.

You earn extra points by having tickets that tell you what cities you need to connect (example: L.A. to New York, Pitsburg to Salt Lake City). You lay down train lines by using cards from a big ol' stack. Wait what am I doing explaining it, you can try it online by going here skotos.com, just get a free two week account to try the game out and see if it's up your ally.
With great power comes heat vision