Author Topic: Nostalgia Alert!!!  (Read 21207 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: Nostalgia Alert!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2008, 10:58:03 PM »
No, but I just googled it and that thing's flippin' sweet! Knowing me and my balance, though, I wouldn't do so hot on it....

and Paper--Pff. Never said I was modest. I'd be a liar if I did....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2008, 11:04:25 PM »
Oh no your arent modest.

Indo boards are sweet. I have almost a complete lack of balance but I can do it fairly well. the problem is that if you slip up you go down hard. Its great to pull out when you and your friends are drinking. ;D You can just sit back and watch the show.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2008, 11:07:35 PM »
Its great to pull out when you and your friends are drinking. ;D You can just sit back and watch the show.

Yeah....never happen for me....I don't drink and I have no friends that do. I've heard many times drunk people are quite funny, though. It's something I want to see sometime, if only to laugh...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2008, 11:17:24 PM »
I always wondered what it would be like if I didnt start drinking at 16. Ah well what are you going to do right.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2008, 11:20:27 PM »
Ah the love of an Irish family =).
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2008, 11:21:09 PM »
Oh yes.

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2009, 05:36:00 AM »
Its great to pull out when you and your friends are drinking. ;D You can just sit back and watch the show.

Yeah....never happen for me....I don't drink and I have no friends that do. I've heard many times drunk people are quite funny, though. It's something I want to see sometime, if only to laugh...

honestly, I get bored among drunk people, very bored. I havent drank in 10 years (10th anniversary was Dec 22nd) and while drunks can occassionally be funny, 99% of teh time, it is just pure stupidity.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2009, 06:27:42 AM »
The only drunk people I'm ever around are Chinese, and they're pretty boring.  They also sing karaoke pretty poorly.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2009, 05:35:56 PM »
You know, I can understand someone who is sober thinking that people who are drinking are boring. I have been out with people who are drinking while I wasn't and I had similar feelings. Congrats on the 10 years, that's a big thing. I don't know. . . drinking isn't needed but it is a welcome relief sometimes. Its not a relief in the manner of getting drunk to forget about things. Its a relief in the way of providing a more loose environment to enjoy yourself and the company of others. I know that sounds cheap but its true. I enjoy having a couple of drinks with friends while watching movies or playing darts or whatever. I don't like getting drunk all the time because I like to be in control of myself but having a couple every now and then can be a good time. Now on occasion I do like to get drunk. Those are the times that are few and far between. They are also a lot of fun.

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2009, 06:43:23 PM »
Thanks for the congrats...  wasnt really that difficult for me. I had just had enough on Dec. 22, 1998 and never drank again. No AA or anything like that. Just, thats it, Im done. LOL

I too, like to "relax" with a couple now and again, but for me now, it is near beer (like O'Doul's) - there are other things besides the alcohol in beer and wine which help produce the calming effect. And the non-alcoholic versions do that job well enough.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2009, 10:55:08 PM »
Might just be my personality, but I find it easy enough to relax and have a good time in a crowd without drinking, assuming I speak their language.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2009, 11:52:24 PM »
Might just be my personality, but I find it easy enough to relax and have a good time in a crowd without drinking, assuming I speak their language.

Same.

Mostly (from watching people I've known) drinking seems to be a social crutch.
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2009, 05:45:31 PM »
I can see how it could be viewed in that manner. I know a lot of people who are not very sociable unless they are intoxicated. Unfortunately in that case you are correct. I personally enjoy partaking in an alcoholic beverage from time to time. Not for a crutch but for the sheer enjoyment.

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2009, 11:43:33 PM »
I always thought it was a little sad how many young teenagers took pleasure in getting drunk when I was little. I remember this time I was eating in a restaurant with my family, and these two teenagers were boasting about how drunk they were last night. And they were telling this other kid he should try it, and he looked really uncomfortable and I felt bad for him. I hope he didn't give in.

Not that there's anything wrong with drinking. But when you're 15 and you're boasting about getting drunk…that's different.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

mtlhddoc2

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2009, 02:12:28 AM »
no different than 40 year olds boasting about it either Shaggy, having a few drinks and a good time is one thing, getting loaded and passing out is another and thinking you are "cool" for doing so is just stupid, no matter what age you are.