Author Topic: Hollywood Speculation  (Read 16519 times)

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
Re: Hollywood Speculation
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2008, 05:48:11 PM »
If I told you that, I'd have to kill you

Anyway, HoA, we'll now have to include VegasDev in our evil plot. Looks like we'll have to find some more atium to pay our assassin.

And writing unhidden hidden messages is strangely amusing.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 05:50:01 PM by Andrew the Great »
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2008, 06:01:14 PM »
Speaking of atium payments (not that anyone was, visibly), does anyone have a theory on why kandra contracts are paid in atium?  They can't use Allomancy.  Is it simply a form of currency to them, separate from TLR's coinage to indicate their independence from his rule?  Or do they use it, somehow, in hemalurgy?  I don't know of any other connections between kandra and metals of any kind - I don't think we've heard about spikes or nails in reference to them.  Perhaps they melt down the atium they receive and make spikes of some kind with them?
He ate my horse.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2008, 06:36:58 PM »
The third book will give you some info on why Kandra take atium as payment. ;) So just hang in there!
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2008, 07:02:27 PM »
The third book will give you some info on why Kandra take atium as payment. ;) So just hang in there!

Well, I was assuming it would.  I mainly posed the question to see if anyone (who hasn't read MB3) had any theories.

I guess, though, that you've at least confirmed that my observation about kandra taking atium is something important! :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 07:08:22 PM by SarahG »
He ate my horse.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2008, 02:05:57 AM »
I guess, though, that you've at least confirmed that my observation about kandra taking atium is something important! :)
Ahh, but did she?

Really, this isn't actually an important post, but a test to see if HoA figures out that there is hidden text here at the bottom, and if anyone else figures it out. So, HoA, I am now officially outlining our plan to make sure it is clear. First, we pay a time-traveling mistborn a ridiculously large amount of money to steal the Lord Ruler's Atium. Then, we use the massive atium cache to hire him to assassinate VegasDev and Qarlin, as well as several other unnamed contributors to this forum. Then we use the remainder of the cache to hire a master hacker to discover their forum passwords, and then we impersonate them online for the fun of it? Or was it that we hire a master hacker to write a program that will occasionally post things for them so that no one is suspicious of our evil plan? If so, it should definitely post things that are relevant to the conversation, such as why don't you ask Brandon, and I hate you, and cheese is delicious. Just my thoughts on the matter.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 02:08:00 AM by Andrew the Great »
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

Natalie Perkins

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • NataliePerkins.cjb.net
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2008, 05:03:19 AM »

Really, this isn't actually an important post, but a test to see if HoA figures out that there is hidden text here at the bottom, and if anyone else figures it out. So, HoA, I am now officially outlining our plan to make sure it is clear. First, we pay a time-traveling mistborn a ridiculously large amount of money to steal the Lord Ruler's Atium. Then, we use the massive atium cache to hire him to assassinate VegasDev and Qarlin, as well as several other unnamed contributors to this forum. Then we use the remainder of the cache to hire a master hacker to discover their forum passwords, and then we impersonate them online for the fun of it? Or was it that we hire a master hacker to write a program that will occasionally post things for them so that no one is suspicious of our evil plan? If so, it should definitely post things that are relevant to the conversation, such as why don't you ask Brandon, and I hate you, and cheese is delicious. Just my thoughts on the matter.

God that text is small
‘Never trust a teenage boy in a room of teenage girls to be on time.’ (Wievorann Ch.6)

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2008, 05:10:36 AM »
Font size 1, actually...

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2008, 06:17:03 AM »

my thoughts exactly
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2008, 05:16:14 PM »
Would this be the same time-travelling Mistborn you and SarahG sent to kill me?  You see how well that worked out. :P
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2008, 10:29:46 PM »
Obviously not, darx. We assassinated that time traveling mistborn with this one. Besides, who's to say that we sent him already? He is time-traveling, after all.

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2008, 06:03:34 AM »

my thoughts exactly

OOOOOOOOOOOPPPs.  Did I give our plan away??
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

-Me-

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2008, 11:43:46 PM »
Well, it would have been worse if the plan I specified had actually been inside the quote box.  ;)

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2008, 06:29:59 AM »
I'll try to get it in there next time then.
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

-Me-

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2008, 06:52:42 AM »
Hey look at that, this thread just earned the entire forum a ban on changing font size!  Way to go team! 
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2008, 06:18:05 PM »
phew. I'm not sure how much more font mania I could take...
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT