Local Authors > Brandon Sanderson

Alloy of Law (Chapter 5)

<< < (2/4) > >>

ulysses sword:
My guess to the fight? Wax lightly tosses several coins out of the bubble, directly in line with the Vanishers he is targeting.  They are going slow enough to not be deflected much by passing through the bubble.  Wayne drops the bubble, then Wax pushes all dozen or so coins directly outwards, towards their targets.  Repeat two or three more times, then relax in victory.  I'm sure there's something wrong with this, but I'm not sure what it is. 

CabbyHat:
What I found most interesting was that koloss can apparently breed with humans. I guess it makes sense, since the original founders of the species were once human. Though that's interesting - I wonder if that means kandra would be able to have children with humans, or were they too thoroughly changed?

Tortellini:

--- Quote from: ulysses sword on August 12, 2011, 12:55:28 AM ---My guess to the fight? Wax lightly tosses several coins out of the bubble, directly in line with the Vanishers he is targeting.  They are going slow enough to not be deflected much by passing through the bubble.  Wayne drops the bubble, then Wax pushes all dozen or so coins directly outwards, towards their targets.  Repeat two or three more times, then relax in victory.  I'm sure there's something wrong with this, but I'm not sure what it is. 

--- End quote ---

It sounds good, actually. My biggest concern is that it's 37 against 2! I know they are mistings, but any of the robbers could be, too. In fact, the train robberies already prove that they have some allomancers... Going against them directly seems foolish. Hope they don't regret it.

Inkthinker:

--- Quote from: CabbyHat on August 12, 2011, 04:41:19 AM ---What I found most interesting was that koloss can apparently breed with humans. I guess it makes sense, since the original founders of the species were once human. Though that's interesting - I wonder if that means kandra would be able to have children with humans, or were they too thoroughly changed?

--- End quote ---

I don't think so... a Kandra imitating a human is still (in actuality) a conglomeration of reforming muscle-sacs surrounding a skeleton. I don't think they have the capability to form the actual internal reproductive organs (gonads, or a uterus) needed to create another human being. The original kandra were human, but every generation since is an Awakened mistwraith, right?

Koloss, on the other hand, are more basically magically mutated humans. They presumably have all the organs and such they had when they're changed over by the spiking, and so it's not much of a stretch to imagine that they can breed both with each other and with un-mutated humanity.

Peter Ahlstrom:
The original mistwraiths were human too. I always thought they should reproduce like amoebas when they got too big, but I think Brandon has denied that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version