Author Topic: WoD goes AtB  (Read 1396 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
WoD goes AtB
« on: September 09, 2003, 11:59:43 AM »
Ok, so i heard this from a store chappy but didnt pay much attention until Jeffe mentioned it in his Sony thread.

The Rumour goes that WW is, for some reason, killing off the WoD. He said that Exalted is gonna go through the roof with its video game next year, the D20 stuff is doing well and possibly also corporate re-imaging. All WoD lines will be stopped, and replaced with a After the Bomb game where you can play as any of them. The Demons will do the apocalypse thing.

Personally, i'm not that bothered. I have most of the things i want from the WoD lines. What does everyone else think?
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: WoD goes AtB
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 12:01:49 PM »
On the press realse it specificaly says that they're going to continue WoD, but it's going to be reinvented.  Which means the game play will stay the same and you'll just have a slighly different setting.  I think they're doing this to try and spark reintrest into WoD, since it's not that popular anymore.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2003, 12:03:17 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 12:06:17 PM »
Press release, yeah. I should probably read one o' them.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 10:50:58 PM »
Yup, it was announced at GenCon. Sometimes I forget the vast majority of the people here don't frequent rpg.net.  Sure, the forums are mean, but the new there is fast.  Go there and do a search for Time of Judgement and you'll get all the info you'll want to know about the end of WoD as we know it.  The first book of "The End," Lair of the Hidden, is already out.

And yes, Exalted is getting huge.  A mini game, a ccg, and a video game all coming out in the next year or so.  I've signed up to playtest the ccg, we'll see how good it is.