Local Authors > Brandon Sanderson

Dalinar as a possible radiant? *Spoilers*

<< < (2/8) > >>

Moash:
I agree with cabby that we know there is something special about Dalinar.  We can gather something is different about him from the visions he is having, but do those visions necessarily indicate he might be on track to become a radiant?

And ari54, what evidence in the book makes it "relatively clear" that Dalinar is on track to become some sort of radiant.

The chapter I referenced in the OP seems to be the only reference showing that Dalinar has a special gift when it comes to wielding plate and blade.  Is there evidence I have missed elsewhere that points towards him developing radiant-like powers?

zas678:
I'm pretty sure those are the only bits that show the "radiant like power". But I believe that the visions and his inner struggle (as well as the disapearance of the Thrill) show that he is becoming more and more of a radiant like person. Plus, he was asked to reorganize the Knights Radiant. That will be pretty hard if he isn't one himself, kolo?

Moash:

--- Quote from: zas678 on June 08, 2011, 04:16:36 PM ---I'm pretty sure those are the only bits that show the "radiant like power". But I believe that the visions and his inner struggle (as well as the disapearance of the Thrill) show that he is becoming more and more of a radiant like person. Plus, he was asked to reorganize the Knights Radiant. That will be pretty hard if he isn't one himself, kolo?

--- End quote ---

I'd forgot about him being asked to reorganize the knights.  Didn't Nohadon tell him something like, "give back to men the shards they once bore" or something to that effect?

douglas:

--- Quote from: Moash on June 08, 2011, 04:31:36 PM ---I'd forgot about him being asked to reorganize the knights.  Didn't Nohadon tell him something like, "give back to men the shards they once bore" or something to that effect?

--- End quote ---
Not Nohadon, it was The Almighty in the final vision, the one where he said he was dead and didn't even know who'd be receiving his message.  One of my favorite lines ever.

"Life before death.  Strength before weakness.  Journey before destination.  Speak again the ancient oaths, and return to men the shards they once bore.  The Knights Radiant must stand again."

Sir_Read-a-Lot:

--- Quote from: douglas on June 08, 2011, 06:30:27 PM ---"Life before death.  Strength before weakness.  Journey before destination.  Speak again the ancient oaths, and return to men the shards they once bore.  The Knights Radiant must stand again."

--- End quote ---

I find this an interesting line.  Is he referring to shardblades, and if so, why doesn't he consider their current usage to be valid?

Also, this topic should probably have *spoilers* in the title.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version