Local Authors > Brandon Sanderson

Dalinar as a possible radiant? *Spoilers*

<< < (8/8)

cromptj:
But if I remember correctly, the Radiants all gained their Powers from spren. If this is the case why haven't we seen any evidence of an intelligent spren around Dalinar like Syl and Kaladin?

happyman:

--- Quote from: cromptj on August 16, 2011, 10:17:07 AM ---But if I remember correctly, the Radiants all gained their Powers from spren. If this is the case why haven't we seen any evidence of an intelligent spren around Dalinar like Syl and Kaladin?

--- End quote ---

There's good evidence Kaladin was tapping his powers slightly while the bond was still relatively weak.  In the introductory scene, his fighting seems superhuman.  I mean, he fought a Shardholder and won!  Syl hadn't introduced herself at all at that point.

cromptj:
But it has already been confirmed that both Kaladin and Dalinar are incredibly skilled anyway. Also, where did Kaladin get his stormlight from if he was surgebinding before we see Syl? He says when he is part of bridge 4 that he has to carry his spheres so no one steals them, which suggests that he did not do so before. So although I do think that Dalinar will become a Radiant, I don't think it is happening yet. (unless, of course, his powers manifested due to his visions from the Almighty)

happyman:

--- Quote from: cromptj on August 16, 2011, 08:48:02 PM ---But it has already been confirmed that both Kaladin and Dalinar are incredibly skilled anyway. Also, where did Kaladin get his stormlight from if he was surgebinding before we see Syl? He says when he is part of bridge 4 that he has to carry his spheres so no one steals them, which suggests that he did not do so before. So although I do think that Dalinar will become a Radiant, I don't think it is happening yet. (unless, of course, his powers manifested due to his visions from the Almighty)

--- End quote ---

I don't remember the details, but I'm pretty sure he was carrying spheres as part of a bribe to get the raw recruit onto his squad.

cromptj:
But he did pay out the spheres for the bribe. Also he surely would have used up a most all of the stormlight earlier.http://

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version