Author Topic: Nexon Strikes Back  (Read 1319 times)

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
Nexon Strikes Back
« on: August 13, 2003, 11:01:10 AM »
Just got an email from Nexon a couple days ago. They're apparently starting a free play trial soon intended to get more people playing. I just checked out the gory details, and it sounds as though there's a couple drawbacks they didn't mention earlier, such as a 25% xp cut, a 10% firepower cut, and a wipe of your character every 3 months, and a somewhat more meaningless 100 attribute maximum. (instead of 120...not so bad)

At any rate, the 'little details' they didn't mention in the press release are a bit of a downer, but if anyone wants to try SG out, it just got a little easier to give it a shot. (And if you like it, there's only a $10/month fee to upgrade to a full account.)

When I went back in February after a several month hiatus, a lot of folks still remembered me.  :) Kinda cool.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Re: Nexon Strikes Back
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 02:21:09 PM »
What game are you exactly  talking about?
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 03:00:01 PM »
I am pretty certain he is refering to Shattered Galaxies.

Promethius, is there any charge then? Or is it totally, totally free? If so i may consider giving the game a try - i could always upgrade to a full account after 2 months, 3 weeks ;)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 11:44:39 AM »
Alright, Yeah, I'm digging up a really old thread. It's because I started playing a really old game again. Don't ask me where the urge to play it came from, I don't know.

I was referring to Shattered Galaxy, and to answer Entropy's question from way back, it is totally, 100% free to play, if you're willing to put up with the annoyances of not being a paying player. The main disadvantages are the aforementioned 25% xp cut & 10% drop in offensive capability. Other details about the difference between paying and nonpaying players are on www.sgalaxy.com. I haven't seen any references to a player wipe every 3 months this time around though.

If anyone is interested in playing, I'm playing on my old character from when I was heavy into it two years ago, MidnightRose. Apparently no one ever bothered deleting her. Fell's old commander might still be around, too.

If you want to play, all you have to do is download the client from www.sgalaxy.com, (approx 170 MB) create a character, and start bashing heads. I've still got a character or two on Relic, so if you need assistance getting started, I can help you out there, and if you need a strategy guide, the information Fellfrosch & I wrote way back then is actually mostly relevant still.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster