Local Authors > Stephanie Fowers

The Challenge of the Query letter

<< < (2/3) > >>

guitarbabe:
Uh, ignore the fact that I'm replying to myself...I don't normally talk to myself...well, not all the time anyway.

So, I got those queries out there...a day late, ur...but at least they're out there!

And, I didn't EXACTLY send out the ones to my sci-fi (I still got to shorten those babies). Nope, I sent out my children's book one, 'Twisted Tales.' This one's about Rapunzel...she's a blonde who's stuck in a tower...well, the story of an airhead with ridiculously long hair, but she's not really an airhead.  She's actually an undercover spy.

Hey, the kids at school like it.  Of course, they also like my version of the 'kid who cried wolf.' Any guesses why I had to tell that one? The only problem is that wolf is like the only word that I can't say...I have no idea why. It comes out woof every time...I think that's why they liked it.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
that is awesome
And congrats!

guitarbabe:
Thanks!!!

Now I just have to start cutting down one of my sci fi books and finish this durn Chick Lit book. I've actually started giving my sisters chapters to read, so that they can urge me forward. It's kind of funny, but my favorite part of writing (after thinking up the idea) is editing. I think I'm really going to enjoy cutting up one of my sci fi's (I suppose I should think of some sort of due date or something?)...and once I get that chick lit rough draft done, the fun can start!

Eric James Stone:
Well, I got a personal and detailed response back on my first 25 pages and synopsis.

Apparently he didn't like my writing style, he thought my plot was cliche, and he didn't like my twist on the cliche.

So, I put a query in the mail today to another agent.

guitarbabe:
WELL HE KNOWS NOTHING! Good for you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version