Author Topic: Advice  (Read 23659 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Advice
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2003, 11:27:01 PM »
Dear Doctor Saint Ehlers,
I am a doctor myself, albiet a mad one. I have been trying to take over the world, with two genetically enhanced lab mice. My question is should I give them austrailia or feed them to my pet Boa Constrictor squiggy upon the frution of our plans.
Just wondering if Squiggy needs to go on a diet for a few days....
Mad DR Jeffe
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2003, 12:19:38 AM »
Dear Frigid:

man, you're cold.
My first question would be to ask how he was dressed. If he's dressed well, let him do his weirdo hand thing. It will get other men interested in you, and then you can destroy him with all the power you've gained.

If he wasn't dressed well, then snub him publically and let him deal with the shame of having been rejected. Always remember this power women have over men and abuse it as often as possible.

-Dr. SÉ

Dear Serial Women Killer:

In situations like these, there's a simple rule I follow: "It's not stalking unless she sees you standing outside her window 3 times a day."

I mean, it's not like you know her DNA type and her Credit Card numbers, right? (Right?)

However, if you want to score with the ladies, do what they want. This is a weird rule, because they also want to be independent. So you have to make it look like you're doing what she wants because YOU WANT to do it. Then there's the next step, which is you're doing what she wants because you want what she wants. There's like 7 or 8 more layers to that, but it only gets more confusing.

In other words, you're not going to score by refusing her demands. So <insert sound of whip cracking> do what she wants.

Unless the status quo amuses you. Amusement is the highest value here.

-Dr. SÉ

Dear Angry Scientist:

Why are you so angry? Did these mice put itching powder in your jock strap or something? (heheh, just thinking of that gives me giggles).

You should forgive the mice, but the first rule is to get rid of the competition and the evidence. sending the evidence to australia won't do it (for instance, my ninjas will intercept and black mail). Eat the rats. No, not to the snake. Eat them yourself. I recommend a fricasee.

-Dr. SÉ

ok, sorry, it was weak, if i come up with better, I'll edit. At least I got the ninjas in for ONE of the responses

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2003, 01:48:41 AM »
Dear Dr. SE

After nearly 7 years of post-high school studies, my focus is almost entirely burned out.  I do anything I can to avoid studying these days, though now its more important than ever.  Though I see myself procrastinating, I never seem to have enough free time to mess with computer games, the internet, playing guitar, and planning out roleplaying campaigns.

What's your take, doc?

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2003, 02:31:36 AM »
Dear Dr. SaintEhlers,

I come from a very rare tribe in Southeast Asia (the Squawoopwoop tribe). I came to the US to escape the persucutions my people faced in our own land.

While here, I met the most beautiful young woman and we are to be married next month. My fiancee has been very supportive of my culture and has accepted that our wedding will incorporate many my people's customs.

The problem is my fiancee's mother. She wants to skip a very important custom of my people. See we believe that a young bride must be seperated from her parents in order to for her to form her own family. However, her mother is protesting this belief and will not allow to take place the tradition sacrificing of the bride's parents and eating of their hearts by the newly-weds.

In fact, her mother has become insulting of my people's customs and beliefs. I try to be supportive of my in-laws beliefs, but I like I am forced to choose between the beliefs I was taught and those of my in-laws. How can I resolve this little family dispute.

Sincerly,
Wanting to make piece.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2003, 09:16:49 AM »
Dear Student or whoever:

Uh... yeah. Were you saying something? I was busy messing with computer games, the internet, playing guitar, and planning out roleplaying campaigns.

Oh yeah, studying. Never did it. Can't you ... y'know, wing it?

Dr. SÉ

Dear Piece-maker

Your in-laws are incredibly insensitve. You should have them eaten by cannibals or something.

Wait, that's the issue.

There is a solution, y'know. It's like you people don't read this column before asking. I've recommended this a hundred times.

The solution is staying away from women.

Wait... wrong solution.

The solution is hiring my elite corps of Ninja assassin priests to do the dirty work. Unless they have to be ritually sacrifriced during the ceremony... in which case I can recommend any number of drugs.

Here's to your wedded bliss

-Dr. SÉ

(P.S., your people sound like Mormons, are they?)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2003, 10:47:21 AM »
Dear Dr. Saint Elhers,
I am a caterer in Southern California that specializes in Southeast Asian customary wedding ceremonies. The problem is that I have difficulty finding clients. Its horrible, I invested thousands in SE Asian workshops, inlaw tastings and importing rare SE Asian spices and if I'm not able to cater a wedding this month Im through. The sad part is I have a great nerve agent that the US army cooked up that makes your inlaws agreeable to anything you tell them. How do I stave off starvation..
Sincerely
I cook Relatives.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2003, 11:46:34 AM »
Dear Relative:

You should know that my name is copywrited, and you should stop holding SaintEhlers Asian workshops now. I have an elite corps of Ninja assassin lawyers who will be contacting if you do not respond to this C&D order immediately.

-Dr. SÉ

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2003, 09:27:52 PM »
Dear Dr. Saint Ehlers,

How illegal is it to infringe upon certain copyrights of say - comic book characters - in order to put them on tshirts for my husband?   Which character is most shirt worthy, Cerebus or Bone?

In the event that this act is extremely illegal, what would the cost be to hire your ninjas for protection?
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2003, 09:37:23 PM »
Dear Sweat-Shop worker:

Rule #1: Don't get caught. Then it doesn't matter if you're illegal. So, moot question.

But for practical considerations for how easily you might get caught: where will you be making them? In China you could sell them and it wouldn't be problematic except to make some US Republicans want to establish trade sanctions. However, in Virginia I believe they include you as the participant in an obscure South East Asian marriage ceremony where your heart gets eaten if you even say "Superman" with out including (tm). In Jersey, everything's legal (so long as you observe rule #1)

Also, would you be making these T-Shirts for me as well? Ninjas work for free under such considerations.

I'd have to go with Cerebus, because while Bone is cool, putting the characters name across a T-shirt will seem dirty to some people.

Also, why aren't you just doing what your husband says? Go make babies. Preferably man-child.

-Dr. SÉ
« Last Edit: November 15, 2003, 11:25:10 AM by SaintEhlers »

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2003, 09:43:52 PM »
Dear Mr. Dr.,

I have two questions, and they may even have sub-questions. First, is taking a walk outside in my town at 2 am a good idea? Do you think you can have your ninja's safeguard me whilst I do so if it isn't a good idea?

And secondly, or lastly, how many licks does it take to get to the center of gravity? And for posterity's sake, how was it that you meet these ninja's of yours?
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2003, 09:45:24 PM »
Dear Mr. Spatial Anomaly:

What? Are you coming on to me? You're a sick, sick man.

-Dr. SÉ
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 09:46:32 PM by SaintEhlers »

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2003, 09:51:46 PM »
Thank you Mr. Dr. You were less help then the cabbage on the end of Popeye's glass eye. Next time I'll remember to ask you where I can find a vehicle in your general vicinity so I can take control of it and make it hit you. Thank you in advance.

The not such an anamoly.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2003, 09:56:09 PM »
Dear Freak on a Leash:

I'm sorry, your response should be in the form of a question.

-Dr. SÉ

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2003, 04:45:24 PM »
Dear Worthless Losers:

I see you have problems with intimacy and are trying to avoid me. Don't blame me when your psychoses catch up with you. Remember, I'm here to help.

-Dr. SÉ

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2003, 04:52:44 PM »

ok, obviously no one read this one
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 03:19:34 PM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan