Departments > Music

Favorite Rock Album (Poll)

<< < (2/7) > >>

CthulhuKefka:
It was hard to make a poll of rock albums without there being a bazillion choices lol, so I just listed a few that I personally consider to be some of the best. Again, mileage may vary.  :)

MrPaperCamel:
As long as we stick to a decade, I think the debate can be pretty contained for the most part. I picked the Wall just because of how unique of an album it is. So much going on for just about an hour of music.

Also, I was not expecting that of Fell...I understand German so kind of confused...

Loud_G:

--- Quote from: Necrobells will be ringing on December 03, 2008, 12:36:51 AM ---Old school is Great but,
Peal Jam-  Ten
Stone Temple Pilots-  Core
Soundgarden-  Superunknown
Though they could actually be considered old school now, I guess. :-[

--- End quote ---

See, I have all of those, and I love them dearly (they are the bands of my youth), but I don't know if each CD holds together as a cohesive whole like the ones listed. There is something to be said for an album that is produced like it is one large thing, not a compilation of "a bunch of songs that we happened to be working on at the time". In that way, the album as a whole becomes a work of art, much like a Beethoven symphony. It is broken into movements which can stand on their own, but put together are more than the sum of their parts. :)

MrPaperCamel:

--- Quote from: Gloria Gloria HalleLoudjah on December 03, 2008, 06:03:24 PM ---See, I have all of those, and I love them dearly (they are the bands of my youth), but I don't know if each CD holds together as a cohesive whole like the ones listed. There is something to be said for an album that is produced like it is one large thing, not a compilation of "a bunch of songs that we happened to be working on at the time". In that way, the album as a whole becomes a work of art, much like a Beethoven symphony. It is broken into movements which can stand on their own, but put together are more than the sum of their parts. :)

--- End quote ---

QFT ;)

CthulhuKefka:

--- Quote from: Gloria Gloria HalleLoudjah on December 03, 2008, 06:03:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Necrobells will be ringing on December 03, 2008, 12:36:51 AM ---Old school is Great but,
Peal Jam-  Ten
Stone Temple Pilots-  Core
Soundgarden-  Superunknown
Though they could actually be considered old school now, I guess. :-[

--- End quote ---

See, I have all of those, and I love them dearly (they are the bands of my youth), but I don't know if each CD holds together as a cohesive whole like the ones listed. There is something to be said for an album that is produced like it is one large thing, not a compilation of "a bunch of songs that we happened to be working on at the time". In that way, the album as a whole becomes a work of art, much like a Beethoven symphony. It is broken into movements which can stand on their own, but put together are more than the sum of their parts. :)

--- End quote ---

Well said, Sir. Well said indeed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version