Author Topic: Hey MsFish  (Read 3365 times)

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
Re: Hey MsFish
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2006, 02:00:13 AM »
Alaska is a big example. The state and federal governments give away land in the more rural areas. The only stipulation is that you build a road from your land to the highway, and maintain the road.
Around Delta Junction, where I used to live, they also gave away land with the stipulation that you used it to farm. They weren't picky about the crops or livestock, as long as the majority of the land was used for agriculture. Of course, growing things is difficult in a place where the growing season is only 6-8 weeks long.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2006, 03:35:15 AM »
Good thing I love brussels sprouts. They grow ok in cold, right?
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

JenaRey

• Level 7
  • Give me chocolate...or. ..there is no or.  Gi
    • View Profile
    • Reality By Pass
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2006, 01:23:23 PM »
Even in places like Utah you can find housing and land grants if you're willing to stay put.  Community stabilization is the buzz word for it.  When I bought a house the government pitched in around 7000 bucks that I don't have to pay back provided I stay put for five years.  Programs like this exist in many states, you just have to dig in and research to find them.  :)

MsFish I think any of us would be happy to help you with a resume.  It's never a bad thing to have on hand.

~J
http://realitybypass.8m.com

You know you wanna...