Author Topic: Ninjas vs. Pirates  (Read 6573 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2006, 08:12:48 PM »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2006, 08:53:24 PM »
there's your problem, Lost One. This is an international forum, and it is not governed by any group you have passed the bar for. In short, you are very unqualified to make judgements or to properly review the evidence in this case.

I find you in contempt of court and fine you several thousand dollars. Payable to FMJ and myself. FMJ as the other judge in the case is allowed to set the exact sum.

Although E's argument is not properly substantiated and lack foundation. FMT makes two interestng argument but the first is one relies on unproven assumptions and for the second argument, the "Arrr" is not dispositive evidence.

Now you're stretching. My position is well documented.
FMJ's argument is no an "unproven assumption" it is based on the actual definition of the two concepts.
The ninja is defined by his silent and unobtrusive behavior, staying in the shadows until he strikes.
A pirate, on the other hand, relies on showboating to strike fear into their victims. Because the very concepts of their professions are so contradictory, they are inherantly incompatible. This extends also to their dress and grooming. Again, pirates are flashy (and tacky, frankly) and try to stand out. Ninjas dress to avoid detection.

And don't give me the switching roles, argument. A pirate is always a pirate. He cannot move out of the role. A ninja is always a ninja, and must always be in that role. (unless he is also a doctor). And therefore, while they can have multiple careers, they must select careers that they can practice while maintaining their original identity.

Ninjas cannot become pirates (in your example) because to do so would be to deny their ninja heritage, thereby losing all benefits (as Jeffe pointed out).

"Dispositive" has nothing to do with anything. "Arr" need not be dispositive. It is an example of pirate behavior, not an argument about how you're wrong.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2006, 11:58:19 AM »
there's your problem, Lost One. This is an international forum, and it is not governed by any group you have passed the bar for. In short, you are very unqualified to make judgements or to properly review the evidence in this case.

I find you in contempt of court and fine you several thousand dollars. Payable to FMJ and myself. FMJ as the other judge in the case is allowed to set the exact sum.

First there is no bar for international forums, so of course I haven't passed. However, I test my knowledge of international and comparative law with anyone on this forum page. And at least I'm licensed to practice law in a jurisdiction, which is more than I can say for you, E. Thus I find your claim that you are somehow more qualified to discuss law than me to be absurd, just like you claim that there can be no ninja pirates.

I also dismiss your attempt to find me in contempt because you lack authority to do such. Any contempt order from you or FMJ is unenforceable.

Quote:Although E's argument is not properly substantiated and lack foundation. FMT makes two interestng argument but the first is one relies on unproven assumptions and for the second argument, the "Arrr" is not dispositive evidence.  

Now you're stretching. My position is well documented.  
FMJ's argument is no an "unproven assumption" it is based on the actual definition of the two concepts.  
The ninja is defined by his silent and unobtrusive behavior, staying in the shadows until he strikes.
A pirate, on the other hand, relies on showboating to strike fear into their victims. Because the very concepts of their professions are so contradictory, they are inherantly incompatible. This extends also to their dress and grooming. Again, pirates are flashy (and tacky, frankly) and try to stand out. Ninjas dress to avoid detection.

And don't give me the switching roles, argument. A pirate is always a pirate. He cannot move out of the role. A ninja is always a ninja, and must always be in that role. (unless he is also a doctor). And therefore, while they can have multiple careers, they must select careers that they can practice while maintaining their original identity.

Ninjas cannot become pirates (in your example) because to do so would be to deny their ninja heritage, thereby losing all benefits (as Jeffe pointed out).

"Dispositive" has nothing to do with anything. "Arr" need not be dispositive. It is an example of pirate behavior, not an argument about how you're wrong.  

Obviously, the concept of a pirate ninja escapes you. Your first counter arguement relies on false assumption that a ninja or pirate would have to be constitantly be a particularly role. Put is a ninja can also be a doctor, why not also a pirate. The ninja pirate can showboat by day and be silent and unobtrusive at night, staying in the shadows until he strikes.

Also, heritage can't be denied. Once a ninja, always a ninja and the same for a pirate. So if a ninja goes into the pirating trade, then that ninja becomes a ninja pirate.

Finally, learn what the word "dispositive" means.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2006, 12:06:07 PM »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2006, 01:16:32 PM »

The final sum is Eleventy Billion.

It's ok Lost, Some things are just inherited knowledge.

Life, Liberty, the pursuit of happiness, Ninjas are never Pirates, Communism doesn't work, Burger King's sandwiches taste better than McDonalds....

The important thing is that not everything must be proved through logical means. But can be accepted as truths that are plain as the sun shinning in the sky.   ;)
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

The Lost One

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2006, 08:18:50 PM »
At this time I must say that I reject your reality and substitute my own. Just as I laugh at your attempts to find me incontempt in some undefined court/judicial forum.

I agree that some knowledge is inherited, but that knowledge is not always relible or accurate. (Think that people didn't inheritly know that the earth was flat for centuries?)

Therefore, I declare that know one knows for sure whether a ninja can also be a pirate. Thus, there is no conclusive evidence or reasoning eliminating the possibility of a ninja pirate.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2006, 11:24:22 PM »
Therefore, I declare that know one knows for sure whether a ninja can also be a pirate.

Ahem!!!

I am a ninja pirate!  And telling me that I'm not is akin to telling E that he's not a megalomaniac.  Which is, of course, ridiculous.   :)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2006, 03:25:44 AM »
It's true, it says it under his avatar.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2006, 12:35:46 PM »
If you have seen a ninja, they were not a ninja. If someone tells you they are a ninja, they are not a ninja.
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

The Lost One

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2006, 12:40:51 PM »
Posted by: Lieutenant Kije Posted on: May 1st, 2006, 8:24pm
Quote:Therefore, I declare that know one knows for sure whether a ninja can also be a pirate.  

Ahem!!!

I am a ninja pirate!  And telling me that I'm not is akin to telling E that he's not a megalomaniac.  Which is, of course, ridiculous.    

Sorry, Kije, you are a ninja pirate. I just wish you would give more of an explanation as to how you became a ninja pirate to silence E and FMJ.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2006, 09:23:18 AM »
Dispositive: Relating to or having an effect on disposition or settlement, especially of a legal case or will.

Either we're being more specific, and saying that "argh!" itself is an argument, or else you are quite wrong. As "Argh" is a typical piratical statement, it therefore pertains to the discussion of this "disposition."

Thus, either YOU used it wrong, or else you are VERY wrong when you make the statement. Perhaps Kije is not the only liar here.

I am a megalomaniac, but that's not anything like saying Kije isn't a pirate ninja. Since Kije is, in fact, a liar, and this is just another of his lying liars.

You may find it ridiculous to hear I know more about law than you, but that's what makes you so funny to listen to in this thread. Nothing you have stated about the legal procedings of the ninja v. pirates debate has had any pertinance. FMJ and I are, in fact, the judges of this case, and therefore we do have authority to fine you and find you in contempt of court. And, more likely, the authority to find your approach contemptible.

Finally, your assertion that "once a ninja always a ninja" has even less supporting evidence than anything else that has been said in this thread. This is foolishness at it's most base.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2006, 03:41:23 PM »
I am a megalomaniac,

Hooray, *finally* we have something that needs no debate whatsoever! ;)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT