Author Topic: Ham vs. Lan Showdown  (Read 10167 times)

Shard

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ham vs. Lan Showdown
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 04:39:15 PM »
Why is it always the Good Guy Versus another Good Guy? Why don't we have some villains duel or even trade Villains.
We need the metaphor of Magic and Monsters to understand the Human condition ~Stephan Donaldson.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 04:51:35 PM »
Funny you should mention that. My dad and I got in a discussion last month about this. Some of the possibilities we threw out were The Lord Ruler vs Darth Vader. The Lord Ruler vs Sauron. Sauron vs Vader....And I can't remember who else. I deleted most of those texts...Sad.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 05:24:14 PM »
Vader v. TLR would be way intense.  I'm not sure who would win that one.

オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 05:45:04 PM »
The Emperor: "Lord Vader."
Darth Vader: "Yes, master?"
The Emperor: "Rise."

Man that's great! Sorry I just had to include that since Vader was mentioned. :P

As far as those duel's are concerned Sauron probably trumps all...unless of course they receive assistance from pint sized humanoids.
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 07:08:43 PM »
The Emperor: "Lord Vader."
Darth Vader: "Yes, master?"
The Emperor: "Rise."

Man that's great! Sorry I just had to include that since Vader was mentioned. :P

As far as those duel's are concerned Sauron probably trumps all...unless of course they receive assistance from pint sized humanoids.

yeah, omni-powerful demi-gods affecting things from beyond the material plane are a little tough to deal with at times, no matter how many dark jedi or mistborn you throw at 'em!
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 07:30:45 PM »
if Ham flared his pewter he would most likely win and yes lan could take on gawyn and galad at once more like 5 of them at once he is the best swordsman alive...
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 09:17:10 PM »
I think the most epic of swordfights ever would be Rand vs. Lan. Which is easier to breakdown because the both exist in the same world and thus play by the same rules. I've mentioned this before but people have disregarded it because either A.) Lan's awesomeness created a bias in their minds or B.) Rand lost a swordfight to Toram Riatin. Well Lan is awesome so I can't fault anyone there but Toram is a blademaster and Rand only lost because he 1.) was still recovering from his wounds 2.) he was wearing gloves to hide the dragons and 3.) he was distracted by a "disturbance" in the pattern at the same instant Toram delivered the "killing" blow.

So, Rand vs. Lan, is there any other two guys more willing to give absolutely everything?
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 10:06:15 PM »
Is Sauron the guy from TLoTR?
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 10:08:45 PM »
Is Sauron the guy from TLoTR?

Yup.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 11:17:21 PM »
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction. Get him Rand! Pew Pew! Buzzzzzzz!"

EPIC. Going in my sig, now.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2009, 11:33:50 PM »
Where'd you find that??
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 11:44:57 PM »
Where'd you find that??

Direct your gaze, my good Shaggy, to the middle of the previous page of this thread.

Or click on the quote link in my post. Its the bolded part that goes "Quote from: VegasDev, blah blah blah."
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2009, 12:03:31 AM »
Oh…I don't know how I missed that!!!  >:( ??? >:(

Hahaha that is gooddd!!!

Ham would definitely win. No doubt about it.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 04:37:42 AM »
I think the most epic of swordfights ever would be Rand vs. Lan. Which is easier to breakdown because the both exist in the same world and thus play by the same rules. I've mentioned this before but people have disregarded it because either A.) Lan's awesomeness created a bias in their minds or B.) Rand lost a swordfight to Toram Riatin. Well Lan is awesome so I can't fault anyone there but Toram is a blademaster and Rand only lost because he 1.) was still recovering from his wounds 2.) he was wearing gloves to hide the dragons and 3.) he was distracted by a "disturbance" in the pattern at the same instant Toram delivered the "killing" blow.

So, Rand vs. Lan, is there any other two guys more willing to give absolutely everything?

I won't comment on Ham vs Lan because anything I could possibly want to say has already been said (although personally, I think if they were going to spar, Ham would be honorable and not use Pewter to fight, and Lan would probably win.  If Pewter were involved, than Lan would have a mess on his hands).

Rand vs Lan, however, I still think Lan would win.  Lan taught Rand how to fight.  Lan knows his weaknesses and his fighting patterns.  Lan also has several decades on Rand when it comes to experience.  Of course, this is only if Rand isn't using the One Power.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2009, 03:44:37 PM »
Here is a new fight who wins Lan vs. Rhuarc...awesome....(i think the begining of Shadow Rising mentions how both are similar to wolves and death is heald by them by a thread or something
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz