Author Topic: Guitar Hero  (Read 1939 times)

JenaRey

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Give me chocolate...or. ..there is no or.  Gi
    • View Profile
    • Reality By Pass
Guitar Hero
« on: February 22, 2006, 07:19:33 PM »
This game for the PS2 is quickly winning a lot of acclaim and it fully deserves it.  The interface is a smallish bass guitar with a toggle switch to keep track of the strumming, a whammy bar and five keys on the fret board for note selection and chording.  The music that is used is classic rock, and the game just all around fun.  The easy level is easy enough that some of my nieces and nephews were playing and doing well.  The Hard levels are a good challenge even for the musically inclined that think they can blow it away with one try.  Definately worth the play.

~J
http://realitybypass.8m.com

You know you wanna...

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Re: Guitar Hero
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 07:29:34 PM »
Is this the same series as Guitar Freaks in the arcade?
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 03:43:21 AM »
I was about to delete this since it smelled of a bot post or viral form add, then I realized that the poster had been here for a while and knows EUOL.

I think it's like guitar freaks, or guitar mania as it's called in Japan, it's like DDR but instead of dancing you have to play along with on your guitar.

I'm also surprised at how cheap this sells for considering the size of the custom controller, I've seen it for about $60 at Best Buy.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 11:37:47 AM »
its better than guitar freaks because they got real music, and a lot of guitar style power ballads. It seems pretty cool from the little bit I've seen played.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

JenaRey

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Give me chocolate...or. ..there is no or.  Gi
    • View Profile
    • Reality By Pass
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 01:04:03 PM »
*WAHHHH*  I get back into posting and people suddenly think I'm a bot...  That's what I get for paying attention to other things.  :P

Not a bot, and nope, not part of the Guitar Freak line, thought a similar idea. Red Octane who did the top pads for the DDR style games worked this up and it really is a lot of fun to play.  Lots of familiar songs:  I Love Rock and Roll being the first and easiest.  After listening to the neices and nephews play this about 20 times I was ready for something else.  By the hard level you're using all five fret keys, the strum bar and the whammy bar all at the same time.  It's fun, but a bit crazy.  And you just can't help but dance around the living room while playing which is even funnier.  Amusingly the graphics really aren't that great, but usually both player and spectator are too busy being focused on the giant fret board to notice.  The very best part is the high score board which makes the sound of a flushing toilet when you wipe someone else's name off of it.  Juvvie?  You bet, but all in good fun.

:D

This is me.  Not a bot.  Fun game.

~J
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 01:05:13 PM by JenaRey »
http://realitybypass.8m.com

You know you wanna...

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 07:20:05 PM »
Real music? As opposed to what, fake music? Or are you suggesting that Video Game music isn't real music and therefore isn't of value?

I quote DJ Pretzel, "This site's mission is to prove that this music is not disposable or merely just background, but is as intricate, innovative, and lasting as any other form."
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy