Author Topic: Tron Reloaded  (Read 1349 times)

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
Tron Reloaded
« on: January 13, 2005, 01:10:53 PM »
from scifi.com:

Disney has hired screenwriters Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal to fashion a remake of Tron, the 1982 film about a computer programmer who gets sucked into the parallel world of a computer program, Variety reported.
The original movie, written and directed by Steven Lisberger, was considered ahead of its time. Klugman and Sterntha (Warrior) feel that the world has caught up with Lisberger's original concept, making it ripe for redo, the trade paper reported.
Sternthal told the trade paper that the new conceit is that the computer programmer gets trapped in a cyberworld, so that the film can utilize the Internet.
------------------------------------------------------
I guess my main question here is: WHY?!
I could understand (and have been waiting for) a sequel, but a complete remake?
Part of the cool factor for me was that the world wasn't caught up to its vision. Only the techy/geeky type people really got everything in it. Hopefully, it won't fall prey to the "Remake Curse" (ie: suck)
They should hire-on the people that worked on the Tron 2.0 game. That was one of the best times I've had playing a game. It was a good experience of going back to Tron's world.

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Tron Reloaded
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 01:31:27 PM »
I don't think that movie needs to be redone.  It fulfilled its vision and is still a good watch today.

This is just more movie execs trying to work by formula.  Jerks.  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 01:31:37 PM by Skar »
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 02:23:23 AM »
Curse them.

TRON is one of my top 5 favorite movies. TRON 2.0 was originally supposed to be the theatrical sequel before it became a game. I wanna see Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner 25 years later, darnit! Let Lisberger do his thing!
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 03:44:26 AM »
Huh, I thought they allready started filming the remake.  I know Rebecka Romain (mystic) is in it.  Actualy I thought it was getting released this year since I've read about the new effects in the remake and such before.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 11:18:44 AM »
On the 20th Anniv DVD there was a segment with concept art that was supposed to be for the sequel but I think it was mostly used for 2.0
There was going to be a comic as well based on the game but for some reason the company never published it. Probably a licensing issue.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 12:07:24 PM »
That must have been it.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Oseleon

• Level 8
  • Wie Fieles Russlander Fur Ein Panzer Halten?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 12:10:00 PM »
Just so long as Bruce Boxlitner gets a role
Alles!!!

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2005, 10:04:16 PM »
The funny thing about Tron is that we HAVEN'T caught up to the vision of it.  That's probably the only movie from that era that I can watch, and still be impressed by the visual effects.  No need for a remake.  Absolutely no need.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch