Author Topic: Hero of Ages Prologue  (Read 17230 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: Hero of Ages Prologue
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2008, 03:33:42 AM »
My apologies for the confusion. After I read the Well of Ascension I wanted to read the sample chapters that were mentioned in the back of the book. I couldn't find them on Brandon's site so I mailed him to ask after the whereabouts of the sample chapters. Brandon was kind enough to mail them to me and I thought he had also uploaded them all to his site. Though I just checked and it's only the Prologue so far, with the other chapters coming later.

I have to say this makes me feel quite special. That doesn't happen too often in my life. Thank you for that Brandon!   :D

Yeah, Brandon is pretty awesome in this way.  I don't know of any other Authors that are so willing to put their stuff out there for other people to read like Brandon does.

There is even a full copy of MB3: HOA floating around out there that one of his fans won at the pre-release of MB2.   Everyone that bought a copy of MB2 was entered in a raffle, and then he raffled it off along with a few other things.  Aside from being a one of a kind copy that was printed out with hand written red editing marks on it, it was also signed by Brandon and I believe he said it was the first copy of MB3 to be signed ever.   So one (insanely) lucky fan was holding a full copy of MB3 before the populous even got a chance to read MB2.

Totally not fair.
I concur.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Phaz

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2008, 04:29:32 AM »
My apologies for the confusion. After I read the Well of Ascension I wanted to read the sample chapters that were mentioned in the back of the book. I couldn't find them on Brandon's site so I mailed him to ask after the whereabouts of the sample chapters. Brandon was kind enough to mail them to me and I thought he had also uploaded them all to his site. Though I just checked and it's only the Prologue so far, with the other chapters coming later.

I have to say this makes me feel quite special. That doesn't happen too often in my life. Thank you for that Brandon!   :D

Yeah, Brandon is pretty awesome in this way.  I don't know of any other Authors that are so willing to put their stuff out there for other people to read like Brandon does.

There is even a full copy of MB3: HOA floating around out there that one of his fans won at the pre-release of MB2.   Everyone that bought a copy of MB2 was entered in a raffle, and then he raffled it off along with a few other things.  Aside from being a one of a kind copy that was printed out with hand written red editing marks on it, it was also signed by Brandon and I believe he said it was the first copy of MB3 to be signed ever.   So one (insanely) lucky fan was holding a full copy of MB3 before the populous even got a chance to read MB2.

Totally not fair.
I concur.

Your tellin' me.  The ticket that won was 1 number lower than mine (i.e. the guy in front of me in line got it).

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2008, 05:25:45 AM »

Totally not fair.
I concur.

Your tellin' me.  The ticket that won was 1 number lower than mine (i.e. the guy in front of me in line got it).

Ouch. Man... That sucks.
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2008, 05:41:14 AM »
I dunno, the waiting has given us lots of time to theorize, and the anticipation is going to make this great...
What am I talkin about, I want that book!!!!
I got sample chapters for MB2 before it came out, ain't it great, wfberkhof?
You enjoy those, and try not to spoil anything!  Who know's what brandon could do in two or three chapters!  Maybe Breeze kills himself! ;)
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2008, 05:48:14 AM »
I dunno, the waiting has given us lots of time to theorize, and the anticipation is going to make this great...
What am I talkin about, I want that book!!!!
I got sample chapters for MB2 before it came out, ain't it great, wfberkhof?
You enjoy those, and try not to spoil anything!  Who know's what brandon could do in two or three chapters!  Maybe Breeze kills himself! ;)
I actually thought that was going to happen in the end of MB2.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2008, 07:04:57 PM »
Nah, that makes a very interesting character development. Seeing some more chapters from Breeze's point of view could be very fun. Though I feel for his trauma. Can people snap twice? Not that I think it's gonna happen, but I wonder...

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2008, 08:51:49 PM »
Nah, that makes a very interesting character development. Seeing some more chapters from Breeze's point of view could be very fun. Though I feel for his trauma. Can people snap twice? Not that I think it's gonna happen, but I wonder...
That is a very interesting concept. . . . . They never say they can't.  Hmmmm.  Now I'm all curious and have to go through things again to see if anything hints to the possibility of it happening.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2008, 01:23:08 AM »
Maybe breeze will be a full mistborn now!  Breeze as a mistborn, now that's a funny thing to picture!  Just think how could he'd be though with Soothing AND Rioting at his disposal!
I don't think it's possible, I also don't think he'll commit suicide, Ham will cheer him up, or Allriane will, methinks we will here more from the younger ones in the group now: Spook and Allriane.  I think they, and Ten Soon will all have viewpoints, and then, Vin and Elend of course, Marsh, I think there'll be a few more Sazed ones, not many though, and maybe Ham, but I think that's too many, so probably not Ham.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2008, 04:00:07 PM »
Well, we have five less potential viewpoints from the last book, so there is plenty of room to add new ones.  I don't think Breeze will just snap to become Mistborn, although we can't be certain that there aren't more of those Mistborn beads lying around, so who knows who will end up Mistborn for this book.  I hope Sazed has a big part in MB3.  He was mentally and emotionally destroyed in book 2, and I'd like to see how EUOL decides how Sazed copes with it.  He might even become a bad guy, although that is unlikely.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2008, 04:04:25 PM »
I don't think Sazed would ever become a bad guy... after what happened in the last book, he might not care enough about anything to help the good guys, but I don't think he'd start helping the "bad guys." But I guess you never know. Gravy, I can't wait.  ;D
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Qarlin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2008, 07:17:54 PM »
A lot of people ended the second book scarred. Vin, Elend, Sazed, Breeze, Marsh (though he kind of started out the book scarred). I think it'll be interesting to see how they all cope.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2008, 07:24:08 PM »
A lot of people ended the second book scarred. Vin, Elend, Sazed, Breeze, Marsh (though he kind of started out the book scarred). I think it'll be interesting to see how they all cope.

Yeah, the ending actually reminded me a lot of how I felt after "The Empire Strikes Back."  It has a lot of the same flavor.  Everybody has hit rock-bottom, and its time for those left to crawl back up.

This comes from it being the second part of a trilogy, of course.  Neither Mistborn nor Star Wars were the first to use it.  Welcome to the three-act play!

I don't know how Sazed will react, but I personally do not believe his faith has been shattered as thoroughly as he thinks.  When we get depressed, we have a tendency to say-and do-things that we don't really mean.  Of course, I thoroughly expect this depression of his to last some time.  He's bit hit with some serious whammies.
Nature hates being reified.

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »
A lot of people ended the second book scarred. Vin, Elend, Sazed, Breeze, Marsh ...

Don't forget Spook, or Cett.  They both had some major personal failures toward the end of MB2.
He ate my horse.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2008, 08:06:31 PM »
I bet Sazed rediscovers the Terris religion!  Or perhaps a true religion of sorts, and during all this discovring, he uncovers more prophecies, and finds out he is the hero of ages!  Duh Duh Duuuuuuuuuuhh
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Qarlin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2008, 09:25:41 PM »
With all his struggles in belief, not only with himself, but with his friends, I certainly hope he finds something to believe in.