Author Topic: TWG Forum Trivia  (Read 9903 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: TWG Forum Trivia
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 01:16:30 PM »
Trivia is supposed to be questions. (I just had to point that out. Please don't hurt me!)

*hurts OneEyedGreenPerson*
For once, you are quite wrong. Trivia questions are not trivia. The answers to trivia questions are trivia. You're mistaken about the connotation.

--The lowest-numbered registered forum user who does not have an @timewastersguide.com email address and has never written an article for it.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 02:19:45 PM »
Trivia: TWG sprang forth Athenastically from TLE, as has been mentioned; the originator of the concept was Skar, for which he shall always be remembered as a genius.

Trivia: EUOL is pronounced "yool," and stands for Evil Undead Overlord.

Trivia: Tage has used that nickname for every Final Fantasy character he's ever created. It is only since AORP, in fact, that he stopped using Tage in every video game and started using Cadamis instead.

Trivia: House_of_Mustard has never seen a pie he didn't like.

Trivia: Entropy came to TWG because of our heavy Games Workshop focus. He used to complain when that focus disappeared, but now I think he's given up hope.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 02:31:14 PM »
fact: i'm pretty sure that "Athenastically" is not a made up word

fact: Fell only used that word to try and make you feel inferior. Yes. YOU. You know who you are.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 02:34:29 PM »
fact: Everything Fell does is intended, on some level, to make somebody else feel inferior.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Tage

• Level 29
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 02:51:20 PM »
Alright, here's some historical trivia for you.

Trivia: This site is not, in fact, the third version of timewastersguide.com. The first was the green monster, seen here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010720190749/http://www.timewastersguide.com/
I believe this site was coded by Fell himself, using plain HTML. Who says he can't code?

The second version of the site was very similar (static pages updated by hand) but had the brown clock theme done by the amazing Jeff Creer (42).

The third version of the site was actually created with PHP-Nuke. This was the first version of the site with a dynamic backend, using PHP and MySQL. PHP-Nuke turned out to be not quite right for our needs, though, so I coded the current version up when I had free time at work. (That particular summer I had a LOT of free time at work.)

I don't think we counted the middle version as a new version simply because it was just a graphics overhaul.  It did, however, have a cute little javascript clock that told you what time it was.

We have also attempted, at some point, to have a clock that would tell you how much time you'd wasted browsing the site.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 02:52:27 PM by Tage »
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 02:55:06 PM »
We have also attempted, at some point, to have a clock that would tell you how much time you'd wasted browsing the site.

Frankly, I'm glad that we don't have that easy access to such incriminating evidence.

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 02:56:23 PM »
Also, since Fell brought it up...

Trivia: I've been using Tage as a nick since I was 16. Tage and Cadamis are the only two nicknames I have that weren't given to me by Fell.

Trivia: Fell has notoriously avoided a good nickname all his life, despite constantly coming up with them for other people. "Fellfrosch" is the name of a Rammstein song, and it means "dire frog" in German.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 03:06:43 PM »
Fact: Mr. P registered on Jul 29th, 2002, 12:10am. He's been around over 3 years.

Fact: Entropy registered on May 24th, 2002, 3:20pm. He's only been around 2 months longer than Mr. P

Can I get a boo-yah?

Boo-yah!  In your face Entropy!

:D

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 03:15:03 PM »
Trivia: Tage's other nicknames include Rick Stranger, Benjamo, Jim, Jimmy, Jimothy, Jimbo, James, and The Almighty Pronoun.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 05:29:32 PM »
Trivia: If I recall correctly, I was the first person to post on the forum.

Trivia: Fell was 6 and I was 5, he convinced me to run away from home.  I swear I had no idea that we'd get in trouble, because I had (and continue to have) complete faith in every word he says.

Trivia: My wife was the third female to register, and has never posted once.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2005, 05:33:38 PM »

That's my first review - I joined the site when my first review went up. Wierd. Though i'd only been around here for 2 odd years. :s

Fact:

Since we moved from site Version 2.0 every article from before that time has the same date.

Fact:

Both Mr. P and Entropy were registered before we switched to this current forum so they've re-registered like everyone else and the dates don't reflect the time before that switch.

Fact:

Entropy was one of the first, if not the first, non-Utah/Mormon TWG forum member and has been around for about 4 years or so.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Tink

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2005, 05:44:43 PM »

Can I get a boo-yah?

Do you watch Kim Possible? Cause I just had a total Ron Stoppable image flash through my mind when I read that.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2005, 06:10:13 PM »
In my defense, Mustard and I both ran away. It's not like I just convinced him to leave and then sat back with a triumphant smile. Although that would have been cool.

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2005, 06:25:21 PM »
Hey good catch, Sprig. I'd forgotten about all those date-stamps being the same. Do you guys remember hand importing all the old articles into the 2.0 site?

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2005, 06:31:26 PM »
There was that Isimir/lord of me guy who was around when I first joined. Or did he join soon after me? He was from glasgow or something I think...
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch