Author Topic: Dissapointed for mothers day  (Read 2166 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Dissapointed for mothers day
« on: April 20, 2004, 09:16:12 AM »
So I was starting to think of what to get me mum for mother's day and while reading some news at MSNBC.com I noticed an add for John Kerry's website asking for campaign contributions.

"That, it!" I said out loud, "I can make a contribution to the Kerry campaign in my Mom's name.  I can just imagine her surprise getting a thank you letter in the mail!"

But to my dissapointment there was no such offer, I assumed you could pay a certain amount to get some form letter that was signed or a signed photo.  But neither of those were offered on the site.  So my mom will have to go another mother's day with out knowing such joy.  I am saddened and dissapointed by this.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 09:24:00 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Dissapointed for mothers day
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 09:26:58 AM »
lol. I'll be Bush will sent an autographed picture.

On the whole Kerry/Bush thing. I don't know if anyone else has been reading Sore Thumbs, the new comic written by Superosity's Chris Crosby and drawn by someone with much more talent, but it's pretty good. Except that Chris has no problems saying that anyone with a non-liberal stance is an a-hole or a dozen other words. Yes, he directly insults them. He doesn't try to argue his stance, just calls people names. Both in his rant and in the comic, essentially. It's really gotten on my nerves, for while I like to think I'm more liberal than many, I like to think it's for rational reasons, and I don't think that any and all liberal stances are inherently the right thing.

Argh. Ok, so that was unrelated. I'll stop.

I too don't know what to do for my mom. Or my wife, both of whom need to get something from me or my life will become a bit uncomfortable.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 09:29:16 AM »
Oh, I know I can get Bush picture.  And she would actualy enjoy that.  My mom is so conservitive that she makes Chenney look like a Liberal Wenie.  It would just be no fun for me to get he a Bush picture.  Especaily considering I was going to get my sister to video tape her opening that letter of Kerry.  Oh the expression on her face would be so priceless.  And so would be the part as she calls the Kerry campaing demanding the money back.

Ahh, would could have been.  Curse you John Kerry for not haveing a thank you letter!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2004, 09:32:44 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 09:34:35 AM »
Sprig, that's the coolest idea you've had in a long time.  She'd totally flip if she got one of those in the mail....
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 09:40:52 AM »
I know.  There was a phone number listed for making contributions.  Maybe if I call it and ask for one, saying it was a mothers day gift, they'd do it.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 09:57:11 AM »
Thanks to a very slow shipment, my mom's Christmas present didn't arrive on time and I had to think of something else.

So if I can find the present it will become a Mothers' Day present.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 07:19:15 PM »
My mom ignores mothers day completely.  Last year I got her some flowers, a card and a nice store bought knick-knack right up her alley, got up at four in the morning and made her and my dad a four coarse breakfast a got yelled at while she at about how I shouldn't be doing her so many favors for no reason.  I responded it was mother's day, she kinda stared at me, finished the meal and had me do the dishes...

I don't plan on celebrating mother's day anymore...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!