Author Topic: Call of Duty  (Read 1377 times)

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Call of Duty
« on: February 26, 2004, 05:53:55 PM »
Ok, since I couldn't readily find where Entropy hid his little thing on Call of Duty I figured I'd just start one. I played this game a few weeks ago, and I found it highly enjoyable. Its a shame Fell didn't decide to give this one away as a prize instead of Silent Storm 2. I have taken some screenshots from my time over in Stalingrad's Red Square. Let me share them with you.

Here we are, after the order was given to charge the Germans. It was hell out there, but it only just begun. I was also weaponless, armed only with the clip of ammunition I was given at the docks in Stalingrad.

Here I am sitting behind a wall waiting for German tanks and MG fire to take a breather. My comrades though, continued on as ordered.

This one is a bit tragic. I was just taking a picture of our troupe moving ahead, then suddenly a shell exploded. I did not see this coming...

This last picture I took before my camera broke (aka, my computer will no longer run CoD so I cannot take more screenshots). A comrade has fallen, while I watch a flag bearer run towards the enemy carrying the great flag of our Motherland.

Here I end the journal of my journey's for now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 06:57:52 PM by Gemm »
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Re: Call of Duty
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 12:44:26 AM »
More to come later on, whether you like it or not. Wooo

On a lighter note, I've remembered this idea I had. For a game that is. I'm sure a few of you have heard of those illustrious few individuals that were over in Europe during WWII, these people were the ones taking photographs and video.

So, I say to you, what would you think of a game, set in WWII, where you had to take pictures of the battles, and places and such during the war? I've been having loads of fun going through CoD and just snapping screenshots. But I think it'd be kind of cool to do it as part of a game as well. You'd also get to take out some Nazis too.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 12:59:49 AM by Gemm »
                William S. Burroughs

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 01:04:15 PM »
My name is Alexi Ivanovich. This is the beginning of my story.

Here I am, on the docks after I was the only surviver off of my boat. Those damn Stukas rained hell upon it, as they still are.

Here I am shoving my way through the line, sometimes being pushed, to receive my supplies. The man with the horn is going on about something, possibly trying to get the morale up.

In this next one, you can see the Mosin Nagant rifle. She's quite piece of equipment.

Anticipation cannot keep me here for long now. I am about to receive my rifle. I cannot wait.

I'm still standing at the docks, in shock that I was not given a rifle. They expected me to get on well without one. I found out later I was not the only one.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 02:59:35 PM by Gemm »
                William S. Burroughs

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 01:18:19 PM »
I am reminded of the feeling after an artillery shell goes off so close to ones self. Everything just seems to be slower, noises are almost nothing at all, your vision blurred. It seemed to good to be true, that the sounds had ended and the war was over.

I can hear someone yelling about artillery support. I hope we can retake Stalingrad.

Finally, one of those damn Stukas are going down. This can only be a sign that we are starting to win.

Here is a friend, although now that I think about it, I did not get his name. He was a good shot, but that first time distracting the MG42 gunners was quite the experience.

On a more heartfelt note, here is a comrade trying to help someone.

This was insane. The flag-bearer just ran out in front of me. He... he never had a chance. May God rest his soul.

This is a better shot showing what being bait is like.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 03:02:22 PM by Gemm »
                William S. Burroughs

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 06:43:24 PM »
Gemm...I really didn't want to get sucked into Call of Duty, and this very clever photo journal is not helping. [Insert stern glare here.]
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »
Hehheh, gooood. There's a lot more where that came from. And Fell, do you not like the idea for the game?

I may just have to play through TRON again and make one of these. This is really fun!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 06:52:20 PM by Gemm »
                William S. Burroughs

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2004, 09:27:54 PM »
No, I love the idea for the game. I just can't afford it, and didn't get a free one, so I playing it would be expensive.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2004, 09:53:51 PM »
Errr umm, I was referring to the idea I had given.

So, I say to you, what would you think of a game, set in WWII, where you had to take pictures of the battles, and places and such during the war? I've been having loads of fun going through CoD and just snapping screenshots. But I think it'd be kind of cool to do it as part of a game as well. You'd also get to take out some Nazis too.

That one.
                William S. Burroughs

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2004, 01:45:10 PM »
Oh, I get it. I, um, not really. Are you supposed to be killing people or taking pictures of them? And what would be the purpose or benefit of taking pictures? I suppose that if you came up with a good reason, it would make a good game, but I can't see what that reason would be.

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2004, 01:59:43 PM »
Well it just popped into my mind. What with my War & Lit teacher going on about the guy(s) that took the pictures when we landed in Normandy for D-Day. A bit of tweaking is needed, sure.
                William S. Burroughs