Author Topic: Castlevania...  (Read 1498 times)

Sminja

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I'm the productive one!
    • View Profile
Castlevania...
« on: April 12, 2004, 09:12:27 PM »
Has anyone played any of those Castlevania games?
I'm sure some of the older gamers on this site have, and I jus want to chat about them. Lately there's been an uprising in the quality of the recent games, but the old ones are still fun too. This came to my mind because I got an old playstation game, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, as an Easter gift, and now I can't stop playing it. Old school (well, not that old school) rocks! Anyway, share any opinions, insights, etc. you may have on anything in this series.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 09:15:52 PM by samdaman360 »
"Look, if we're gonna cooperate with anyone at a time like this, it might as well be that hot chick over there!"-Cliff, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
Re: Castlevania...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 01:45:45 AM »
I think SOTN is Tage's favorite game of all time.  He forced me to play it, and I was quite glad that he did.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 12:33:51 PM »
I wouldn't say of all time, but definitely my favorite platform-style game. Definitely a gem of a game.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Sharm

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Drakecastle
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 04:47:13 PM »
The only one I've really played was "Harmony of Dissonence"  I liked the fighting and the format, but the story was really lame.  I would love to play "Symphony of the Night".
Sharm @~`~

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 09:15:12 PM »
Yes! I knew I wasn't the only one who liked SotN. I just want to ask the people who've played it...when oes the game start getting more complex, or picks up? I'm at the dopleganger boss, and have yet to get those summon things, or any spells. How do you do spells?!?!
"Look, if we're gonna cooperate with anyone at a time like this, it might as well be that hot chick over there!"-Cliff, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 12:56:03 PM »
Uh, the doppleganger boss is at the VERY beginning. You can get spell scrolls from the Librarian, but the best way to do it, really, is look them up on gamefaqs or something. There's really no use in not knowing them.

Sminja

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 09:09:53 PM »
Thanks, Tage. Yeah, I just fought those two beasts that Richter summons in the Colloseum, and got a near useless weapon called the Sheild Rod or something... :-/ Anyway, one method I used to discover spells and add them to my list was just to randomly mash buttons. I suppose going to GameFAQS qould be better, hehe. BTW, when in the game do I start to get "familiars." Thanks in advance.

Tage

• Level 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 01:07:50 PM »
Haha, you don't know the power of the Shield Rod. Might want to look that one up too, since it can do some *really* cool things.

And the familiars start coming around mid-game. You should see some pretty quick.