Author Topic: Re: review: Anti-religious Mems in Races of the Dr  (Read 12796 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: review: Anti-religious Mems in Races of the Dr
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2006, 05:27:17 PM »
bwahahahaha
take pictures of THEM and send them to us.

Mister M, you were making me so mad. I was convinced you were just playing it straight by being so calm. so I guess you got me too. I had to start making stuff up left and right because of you.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2006, 05:32:54 PM »
Yeah, Mr. M, I was sure you'd figured it out and were just playing along. Well done.

And that's an awesome idea bout the pregancy test. Make sure to tell us how it goes.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mister M

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2006, 07:03:38 PM »
Mister M, you were making me so mad. I was convinced you were just playing it straight by being so calm. so I guess you got me too. I had to start making stuff up left and right because of you.

No, that was just the scientist in me coming out: when in doubt, look at the evidence. :)

And as for The One Ring, yeah, I probably should have been more careful about meddling with such things. Having to explain the joke to friends and family about half a dozen times is what actually got me thinking "You know, it wouldn't be so bad if it were true..."

Maybe if we'd used a CTR ring instead... ;)
"When in Rome, do as the barbarians do. They won."

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2006, 07:06:41 PM »
"Did not Gandalf tell you that the rings give power according to the measure of each possessor? Before you could use that power you would need to become far stronger, and to train your will to the domination of others."
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2006, 07:13:20 PM »
I don't suppose someone can let me see the article? I totally slept through it all.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2006, 07:14:12 PM »
just like an austrailian
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2006, 07:22:38 PM »
so does this mean I no longer get to be an admin?
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2006, 07:29:19 PM »
Yes this is so like D&D!  They will brainwash you into buying all of their books with tactics such as power creep, errata, compendiums, version/edition updates... !!! I just realised, the polymorph errata!  My god, this really is a conspiracy, which is likened to a holocaust of gamers to their demonic gods in their demand of mass sacrifice for cold hard cash.  Good find E, this is what a few gamers such as myself have suspected all along.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2006, 08:33:51 PM »
You guys made my day.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2006, 08:37:53 PM »
Guys, I'm afraid that I might have uncovered more evidence of this grand coverup.  As I have come to understand, the Wizards of the Coast is actually an Illuminati cabal which is part of a world-wide conspiracy to create the NWO.  I will try to congeal some of the knowledge and clues to this cabal here.

First off I must point you to the release of "Races of Destiny".  As you might guess, this is about those who are destined to rule the world.  The new race put into this book is, ahem, the "Illumian".  This is a race powered by words and Shadow magic.  You might also wonder why they post secrets in their books, but as we have discussed before (I believe in the Jack Chick thread), they recruit and teach new members using "Rules Mastery".  Those who fail to achieve Rules Mastery are then to be sacrificed to appease their gods.  And as you read the book, it is only too clear to see what is being taught via their secret codes.

"A Day In the Life" clearly shows how to go about constructing your own secret Cabal of would-be Illuminati.  This is further detailed on page 60 under "Cabal Structure", which tells us that the Cabal is led by a "Black Table".  Now I need not remind you where the rpg takes place.  Of course, the "Ritutal of the Word Made Flesh" goes into symbolic detail of how they plan to use Shadow Magic to transform into their master race... and even further, using "Ascention Cabals" to achieve Godhood, which they claim the founding Illuminati has already done.  Of course they detail many type of Cabals, set up independantly like some type of cell network.  I quote:

"Chain cabals are one of the two most common kinds of Illumi[nati] cabal (gauntlet cabals are the other).  Chain cabals pride themselves on their top-notch spy networks, which infiltrate nearby power centers such as governments, churches,"   So as we can see, this is all part of their plan.  Yes, they WILL go to Church, pretend to be one of you.  Work in your schools, in your government, but we are starting to uncover the truth of their ploys.  Gauntlet Cabals serve much the same purpose, but use "a combination of diplomacy, magic, and trickery to exert influence on the policical and religious leaders" (pg 65).

Now I will point you to their latest release, "Tome of Magic: Pact, Shadow, Truename".  Finally we see the D&D game move away from the old "Vance" (eg Vatican) system, to those employed by that well-known Illuminati cabal, Wizards of the Coast.  Here we are further introduced to "Shadow Magic", which as Races of Destiny has shown us, is the way which the Illuminati use words not only for magic power, but to transform themselves into the master race.  Truename magic reveals why they are obsessed with names and words, as we are shown how they can be used to gain power over both friend and enemy.

Pact magic is perhaps the most vile, most frightful part of this book.  This helps unlock the use and mysteries of the Goetia.  This is part of of a grimoire (spellbook) called the Lesser Key of Solomon.  Pact Magic informs the D&D player on the use of Seals to summon spirits and demons.  The Goetia itself contains 72 such Seals with descriptions of the demons they can summon.  The first english translation of the Goetia was done by none other than Aleister Crowley.  Looking through the list of demons, many D&D players will also recognize many names, as they are used (or variations thereof) in many many RPGS.

Any who have the Tome of Magic best get rid of it, for when the Illuminati summon up these wicked and powerful demons, only those with Rules Mastery will hope to live (as they have planned).  All other gamers will be taken by the demons in a mass sacrifice, which was promised to them by the Wizards of the Coast cabal in exchange for teaching them Shadow Magic (which as abovementioned they use in attempt to attain Godhood).

We could go into more detail, and the TRUE meaning behind the widespread sweep of the Polymorph errata.  But hopefully this is enough to give a glimpse in what is really going on.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

blcdrayco

• Level 4
  • Oops.  Well, who needs Asia anyways, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2006, 03:42:42 PM »
Speaking of reviews, I'd love to do one, but would prefer to do one of a D&D book that has yet to be reviewed.  Any suggestions?  Untill I get things straightened out with SJ games and fill in the holes in my demo sets, I'm doing wizards reviews.
Oh, and the google ads I'm viewing are for the stock market.  Go Illuminadi!
It does not matter if you are the emperor of man- If your wife is angry, you sleep on the couch.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2006, 06:02:01 PM »
well first off check the review database and see what we have and don't have.  I can tell you we were spotty the last half of 2005 due to not getting review materials, so fine one released in that time frame then search for it by title in our reviews to see if we've got it.

We sometimes allow second, or even third, reviews of the same item if the review is significantly different from the one(s) we already have.  Ie you really, really, hated a book that we gave a good score to or vice versa.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

blcdrayco

• Level 4
  • Oops.  Well, who needs Asia anyways, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2006, 10:09:57 PM »
Thanks.  Do I get extra credit if the review comes pre edited?  ;D
It does not matter if you are the emperor of man- If your wife is angry, you sleep on the couch.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2006, 09:45:57 AM »
no, but you won't hear me whine about it.

wow, Eagle. That is just SO much more detail than I ever made up. We were just making stuff up as we went along.

just fyi, for those of you who've still missed it, there *never* was an article.

Mister M

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2006, 01:46:59 PM »
Update on the fake pregnancy test: My parents saw right through it (well my Dad did, and my Mom guessed what we'd done before she even saw the email); they just know me too well. My wife's family, however, got taken in hook, line, and sinker. We let my mother-in-law go on congratulating us for about a minute before we finally broke the joke to her.

"When in Rome, do as the barbarians do. They won."