General > Everything Else

Vader vs Batman

<< < (2/12) > >>

Eerongal:

--- Quote from: Miyabi on April 22, 2010, 08:24:11 PM ---
That would be a really close fight.  As Eerongal said a good portion of being affected by force abilities is the loss of mental concentration.  I think Batman would do well at keeping up and he would put up an astounding fight.

However, if it was Bane V. Batman. . . . well, let's just say they'd change is name to Bruce Payne.

--- End quote ---

?

Bane as in the batman villain or bane as in the dude from clone wars or whatever, who i only recognize in name and have no real clue *WHO* he is?

Miyabi:

Bane was the Dark Lord of the Sith who destroyed the Brotherhood of the Sith in attempt to bring back the true power and purpose of the Sith.

Recovering_Cynic:
I don't know . . . Darth Vader stopped a whole barrage of blaster bolts.  With his hand.  I'm thinking a batarang isn't going to do much.

Eerongal:

--- Quote from: Recovering_Cynic on April 22, 2010, 09:04:07 PM ---I don't know . . . Darth Vader stopped a whole barrage of blaster bolts.  With his hand.  I'm thinking a batarang isn't going to do much.

--- End quote ---

Except he's all ready concentrating for the force choke. From the movies, it looks like it requires some relatively intense concentration for the force choke, all i'm looking for with the batarang is to disrupt that. If he has to stop concentrating on that to stop it, so be it, or if it hits him, thats fine too.

Either way, my point is that batman would interrupt him somehow to break it off. How, i'm not sure, I'm not batman. :P

Edit: also, if we're going adam west style batman, no contest. Bat-force repellent, anyone? :P

(man, i love the goofy old 70's batman)

Recovering_Cynic:
er... I said nothing about force choke.  That was Ryos.  About the only way I can see Batman winning is if he knocks out Vader's electrical systems, but in doing that, he'd kill Vader (and Batman doesn't do that). 

So lets look at this.  Batman can't (1) hit him with anything (e.g. blaster bolt blocking) or (2) sneak up on him in a fair fight (so he didn't sense Han coming at the first Death Star; Vader was concentrating on killing Luke, which, like you said, takes a 'lot of concentration'.  Unless Batman is saving Luke?).  That pretty much screws Batman if it's a mano a mano duel.

In sum, the only way Batman could win is if Vader was so distracted by something else that a two year old could sneak up on him and say 'boo'.  Granted, not impossible, but lets say that of the infinite scenarios where the two could be pitted against each other, Vader wins 99.9% of them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version