Author Topic: These Stupid Titles VIII  (Read 74687 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: These Stupid Titles VIII
« Reply #495 on: March 03, 2009, 01:25:01 AM »
Actually, the title says the PEOPLE have a friend in you...It doesn't necessarily say that YOU have a friend. Who knows, maybe the friendship is one-sided...:P
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 03, 2009, 01:30:04 AM »
I knew it!

They only want me for my money!

All that money I made at my free clinic!

T-T
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 03, 2009, 03:01:24 AM »
"People's Friend" sounds like a communist government official's title.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 03, 2009, 03:02:53 AM »
Or the leader of some creepy cult.…
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 03, 2009, 03:07:06 AM »
Or the leader of some creepy cult.…
"People's Friend" sounds like a communist government official's title.

Who told you I work for Hilary?

xD

J/K  I love Hilary actually.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 03, 2009, 04:33:23 AM »
Well that's a job i would take for considerably less than any of shaggys listed prices. Oooh that's a dream job if I ever heard one. If you miss what I'm talking about I will spell it out for you. As a practitioner of certain skills (ie: I'm a mercenary) I would love to have to put my skills to the test on the person miyabi loves (ie: Hilary). If anyone would like to take me out on that contract I will only charge for food and the cost of the bullet. ;D
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 03, 2009, 07:21:38 PM »
I would, but is seems I'm still hungry. ;D
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 03, 2009, 10:57:11 PM »
Bullet?? Wow, you are old-fashioned.  ;)
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #503 on: March 04, 2009, 12:29:51 AM »
I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree with Shaggy on this one Monsta....Using a bullet is so...dull. Up the creativity a bit. I mean, how in the world did you get to be a "great" mercenary if you only use bullets? Lame, I say. Lame.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 04, 2009, 01:00:11 AM »
Hear, hear.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 04, 2009, 02:38:41 AM »
I am now a 'Newbie Mercenary.' I find this line of work MUCH preferable to street brawling…although the term 'Newbie' is a bit too much of an identifier for me.… ;) Then again, it helps 'cause…no one expects all these super-ChuckNorris moves to come out of a NEWBIE!!!!!
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 04, 2009, 02:50:04 AM »
Wow I know I've been gone for a while but have I become lame??? I think your right. I took the easy way out on that one and I'm disappointed in my self. I mean sure she is the wife of an ex-president, she was a presidential hopeful and shes a leader in the democratic comunity but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get to her. With all that aside, you are still correct. Bullet?? Really, I said that? Wow. Let me clear that up real quick.

I'm going to stat this off by saying that my price will still be what I quoted minus the cost of the "bullet". In all reality I have acquired many wide ranging skills involving my chosen field. After having spent some time in prison and then going from brawler to sword for hire to mercenary ext. I feel I know a thing or two, not only that but you get to know other people and or groups who are also in your field. I will take this chance to mention shaggy, an aspiring man in our field who finds the need to call me out for my "bullet" when he clearly puts a price on sniping missions in his price quote. But I digress.

So using my knowledge of my field I would most likely contract out the job of taking care of Hilary's security. I mean I am only one man and although I have faith in my evasion tactics it wouldn't do to sneak around just to be caught when Hilary starts to scream in pain. So I would go with the most logical of choices. I would hire a clan of rouge ninjas to efficiently take care of Hilary's on site security. I figure Bill probably isn't with her because, well who would be given the choice. Once her security has been neutralized I will move in. Now you may think that sneaking into someones room and waking them with the point or edge of a rather vicious looking weapon is satisfying but that's not my style. I prefer using the doorbell. This gives Hilary the chance to wonder why no one answering the door. Then it gives her the chance to get out of bed and get dressed (that always stinks when you were sleeping). Here's the best part and you must remember to cut the phone and internet lines before you proceed. Hilary will then have the chance to walk to the door witnessing the aftermath of ninjas intent on killing. Bodies with slit throats and broken necks just strewn about. All this while I relish her screams every time she stumbles accross another body while I wait at the door. Now I know she probably isn't coming to the door at this point so I take the liberty of entering. I perform a slow scan and eventually find little Hilary huddled in a corner tightly holding a kitchen knife. She has this far off look of horror on her face as I slowly pull out my sword. Its nothing special, no decoration but its very sharp and very efficient. At this point she must be realizing that her knife will do her no good as I take the last couple of steps to close the distance. . . . . .
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 04, 2009, 01:21:26 PM »
I figure Bill probably isn't with her because, well who would be given the choice.

Ok this was funny, the rest was just creepy  :o
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 04, 2009, 05:05:08 PM »
*twitch*
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 04, 2009, 08:44:02 PM »
he clearly puts a price on sniping missions in his price quote
Sniping does not necessarily involve bullets. According to dictionary.com ( 8), 'to snipe' means 'To shoot at individuals from a concealed place.' This does not have any mention of bullets, guns, or other contemporary items that we usually associate with the word 'sniping.' In the noun form (once again, from dictionary.com), a 'snipe' is 'A shot, especially a gunshot, from a concealed place.' As before, no bullets or contemporary assassination equipment(s) are mentioned.

As for that very long and desriptive post about how you are going to kill Hillary Clinton…I'm not going to make a comment for fear that you'll kill me for it. But…suffice it to say that if I had kids, I would be packing my bags for Canada right now. (You don't live in Canada, do you?? :o )
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.