Author Topic: Stickfa  (Read 2296 times)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Stickfa
« on: April 11, 2003, 01:12:01 PM »
This really isn't a deep posting; just wanted to say I picked up one of those stickfa toys last night and it is really wicked cool.  It is the soldier one and it comes with eleven different guns, plus a combat shield, plus a ladder, and lots of other little extras.  I have been putting him in Todd McFarlaine and Chow Yun Fat poses all morning.  Next up I want to get the samurai.

And later this year: superhero stickfas!

Way cool, even if they do cost eight bucks a pop.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Stickfa
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 03:50:10 PM »
You'll have to forgive my ignorance, because I don't know what a stickfa is. Wilt thou enlighten me?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2003, 01:16:07 PM »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2003, 08:50:21 PM »
ARGH! WHY MUST THEY RESIZE MY WINDOW.

I've decided to boycott whatever these are based on their resizing of my window. I still haven't seen them. Resizing my browser window is a bigger no-no than popunders

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2003, 07:15:52 PM »
It's a flash site the majority of them are resised windows, but their child windows.  I personaly perfer to embed my Flash in a standard html but not everyone does.  Actualy most Flahers (as we're called) hate to have their 'projects' size changed so they set it so you can't change it.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2003, 09:25:55 PM »
I tend to side more with the "viewer" than the "flaher" (as they're called). My window size is more important than your project size.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2003, 09:29:57 PM »
That's why I embed mine in html (like homestar).  I can make flash resize to what resolution the viewer has, but that's kinda a pain.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2003, 09:38:10 PM »
What I REALLY don't understand about that site is why they even did resize my window. The actual flash they showed me made my window fill my screen, and since I'm at 1600x1200, that seems a bit absurd. BUt it's REALLY absurd when I saw the actual Flash bit start up, and it was MUCH MUCH smaller than the size of my window originally.

For all of you who are thinking about making a web site, learn from this. Don't piss off your readership if you want them to see your content. As Fell put it, it's much more important that the viewer get what he wants than you be able to do what you want.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2003, 09:46:45 PM »
The main page is just a launcher page and has no flash on it, I have no Idea why it resizes besides that it's an old trick to get your attention (some pop-up add still do it) also resizing the window brings it to the front of all the open windows.  What I personaly do't care for is the child window that is the small flash one.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2003, 11:33:21 PM »
The child window I can live with easier. But nothing torques me off more than thinkign I'm going to let something load in the background and starting to type. Sometimes I won't even be looking at my computer when I type, and when I look back, I find I've been typing in some other program that decided it was more important than the one I was actually working in..