Departments > Music

The Christmas Carol that Annoys You Most:

(1/10) > >>

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
For me, it "The Little Drummer Boy"
I mean, I appreciate the sentiment. whatever you can give is enough. However, couldn't be be a piper or something? Because no sane mother on the planet EVER is going to let some kid play a DRUM next to their new-born child.

On top of that, no one ever spot lights their drummer when they play the song. You have a song ABOUT A DRUMMER and half the time it's a guitarist who's the featured instrumentalist, if they don't just leave it to the vocalist with those lame "pa-rum-pum-pums" Why can't Neil Pert or Tito Puente do a version? That would at least SOUND cool.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock:
I totally agree. Thats about the only one that really makes me upset. I do like that pa-rum part though. I gave a Johnny Cash CD a try... oh man. That was bad. He sang in about 3 or 4 of the songs, and the rest he just talked. I don't see why he's so good.

fuzzyoctopus:
Assuming we're talking about actual carols and not just Christmas songs, then The Little Drummer Boy is a clost second to the worst song- Do you Hear What I Hear.

Apart from carols, the dogs barking Jingle Bells is the worst.  

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
See, that can't be it: because people recognize how evil that song is and hardly anyone sings it anymore. Drummer Boy, however, people think is good for some reason, and every idiot sings it, though no drummers play it.

and yeah, what's up with those barking dogs? the producer of that should be made sterile so as not to afflict the rest of us ever again.

fuzzyoctopus:
I thought of another one I hate- 'I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus'   ARRRGH.  That song makes me puke.

As long as my husband doesn't make me listen to David Bowie singing Little Drummer Boy, I can take it.  It's survivable even if I hate it.

Why doesn't anyone ever play the Christmas carols I sung in choirs for so many years?  Candlelight Carol, or Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day?  There are so many good Christmas songs written that we don't need to hear JingleBell Rock 50 times a day, no matter how catchy it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version