Author Topic: Geek Girl #11: Dating  (Read 9962 times)

Hepcatkip

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Blah!
    • View Profile
Re: Geek Girl #11: Dating
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 11:42:01 PM »
Good Article Janci.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 12:16:03 AM »
Even so, it seems a miracle that two people, like minded or not, ever actually end up dating. So many things have to work out exactly right, or things just don’t happen.

True 'dat.   I hate to be a killjoy, but everyone keep talking about how depressed they are please, and maybe it will make me feel better about my miserable excuse for a life.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 12:34:36 AM »
O, woe is me! Alas and alack, the misery and horror and depression of it all! And the worst part is, I never learned to read!
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Hepcatkip

• Level 2
  • Blah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 01:00:55 AM »
O, woe is me! Alas and alack, the misery and horror and depression of it all! And the worst part is, I never learned to read!

Sadly I never learned how to write :(.

Hepcatkip

• Level 2
  • Blah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 01:03:10 AM »
Whoot lev 2 hmm now how do you munchkin a forum.  I'll take a few ranks in spelling and a rank in grammar now with my int modifier -3 sweet.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 01:03:34 AM by Hepcatkip »

blcdrayco

• Level 4
  • Oops.  Well, who needs Asia anyways, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2006, 02:24:12 AM »
Mmm... Munchkin...
I do hope things go well for you Janci.  I dont worry about dating in the same way someone over the age of 18 does, but I know how frustrating it can be to find a decent date.
It does not matter if you are the emperor of man- If your wife is angry, you sleep on the couch.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 08:38:21 PM »
Lol.  I really WAS tired when I wrote this thing.

Actually, lately I'm glad I don't have a boyfriend.  Because I don't know where I would find time for one.  I'd have to stop doing things that I enjoy, and that would suck.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 11:00:22 PM »
lately I'm glad I don't have a boyfriend.  Because I don't know where I would find time for one.

Well, boyfriends . . . even borrowed ones can come in handy when you go out to your car on a bright Easter morn to find a rusty nail in your new tire. :P Thankfully, my roomie's boyfriend was on hand to help me get the spare on!

As for dating, um, what's that? It doesn't help any that my roomie and her boyfriend are always over here or I tag along sometimes to go to IKEA or something. Doesn't do much for my ego, I gotta say.

I've decided to take my chances with my visiting teachee's talent for matchmaking. Come to find out, fifteen of the friends she's set up on dates have gotten hitched. :o No kiddin'. Might as well--she's already got two guys in mind for me... Sort of scary, actually.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:06:36 PM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

jeffday

• Level 2
  • Yar, must be exploding tuesday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 11:54:46 PM »
"Rod of Wonder"? You make it too easy! Must resist!
"Are you in danger of becoming a good man, Proximo?"
--Gladiator

caiticlu

• Level 4
  • Eat Babies! - A Modest Proposal
    • View Profile
    • Llamoo
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2006, 12:20:36 AM »
 :-*
I have to say I have reciently stumbled on this site, and instantly fell in LOVE with Geek Girl!
As a geek girl... I find everything in there completely relevant... especially the part of this recient article about once you date one geek guy all the rest know everything because they are ALL friends... haha!
Many times have I sat and read this while I was supposed to be writing a paper or something (curse the life of an english/theater major) and almost fallen out of my chair laughing!!
Keep up the fabulous work!!!!
And with that... May your days be bright and your contact with stupidity limited...

caiticlu

• Level 4
  • Eat Babies! - A Modest Proposal
    • View Profile
    • Llamoo
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 12:25:43 AM »

Nice comparison. And good luck on the dating scene.

As for our RPG group, I somehow have never actually regularly roleplayed in a group with less than 50% girls. I keep hearing this "girl roleplayers are almost unheard of" rumor, and yet so far I haven't had any personal experience to back it up.

Up north where I am.... there are very few gamer girls... I usually game with about 30 people on and off (more or less depending on the time of the year... it is a college town)... there are maybe 5 girls (more or less) out of that...
And with that... May your days be bright and your contact with stupidity limited...

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 01:35:14 AM »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 02:32:59 AM »
:-*
I have to say I have reciently stumbled on this site, and instantly fell in LOVE with Geek Girl!
As a geek girl... I find everything in there completely relevant... especially the part of this recient article about once you date one geek guy all the rest know everything because they are ALL friends... haha!
Many times have I sat and read this while I was supposed to be writing a paper or something (curse the life of an english/theater major) and almost fallen out of my chair laughing!!
Keep up the fabulous work!!!!

Well thank you!  That's very nice of you to say.  

Please do stick around and read the FAQ.  Welcome to the boards!
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2006, 09:24:36 AM »
/me appoints Archon the official TWG greeter.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2006, 09:29:22 AM »
He does seem to do a lot of that, and it's awesome. My only complaint is that he doesn't use hyperlinks, they are so small! And neat.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.