Author Topic: Grumpy things go here  (Read 30481 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Grumpy things go here
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2005, 09:33:36 AM »
comics always help me.
so do drugs.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2005, 10:27:12 AM »
I'm grumpy because something in my office smells like old cheese stuffed in a sweat sock, and i can't find it.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2005, 11:55:25 AM »
No hot water for shower this morning.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2005, 02:37:47 AM »
Well, at least you weren't short on towels, being one and all.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2005, 09:20:24 PM »
My front tire blew out on the way to work today. So not only was I stressed and late, I had to pay money for a new tire.  Wah.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2005, 12:03:24 AM »
The dentist pulled my tooth. I suppose it's sort of a happy thing, too, in a twisted way, because it means I'll hopefully feel better eventually. But it makes me sad, and not to mention I waited an hour before even getting into the office. Then I waited some more, listening to him drill the next patient over. He was juggling something like 4 patients at once. What? He charged me (or rather, my insurance) the same amount my dentist in Boston, who only ever had me in the office at once, or maybe a five-ten minute overlap when he ran late. And my Boston dentist had a nicer office (read: cleaner!) and was nicer himself. I really don't think I'll be returning to this dentist. Well, except to get my x-ray to take to the dentist who won't make me wait an hour.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2005, 08:28:29 PM »
Living alone can be quite boring. I almost adopted a cat yesterday, because I really need a "roommate." But I realized my lease doesn't say pets are allowed yet--I have to do the whole pet deposit thing first.

So, I'm here all alone this afternoon and bored silly. I should go for a walk, but then I'm not really up for that , what with the stupid tooth thing. So I invited a few people over for dinner. Most of them I couldn't get a hold of. One guy in my neighborhood is definitely coming. One guy said yes, but then just called and said he's on the way to the hospital--someone in the ward just got taken to the emergency room.

I should just be concerned for the girl going to the emergency room--and I am, I hope she's okay--but I'm also just feeling sorry for myself. And it's not just that--I just feel dumb. Instead of saying sure, no problem, I totally understand (which I do, really, though I wish he would have said he'd come over after he's done if he can, instead of saying he won't come at all)--instead of saying I totally understand, etc., I was like, "well, do you have my address so you can come if you can?"  :P (It didn't help that the way he told me kind of invited my response, which I feel dumb about.)

Plus, it leaves me alone with the one other guy who said he'd come. He's a nice guy and all, but I don't want to be giving him messages I'm not trying to send. I didn't arrange it this way!
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2005, 08:49:55 PM »
Living situations can be tricky. I agree with you that, when you live alone (it's happened to me a couple of times during Spring/Summer terms, when roommates were sparse or all on vacation), you can get lonely. But having roommates can be annoying as well. Mine are always noisy when they are home. And they are all three really good friends, so they pretty much ignore me. I haven't been feeling well, so perhaps I come off as grumpy, but I try to be nice to them. Oh well. Not everyone can be your friend, I guess.

But they are so messy, too! We had cleaning checks yesterday, which are severe in BYU housing. We all spent at least four hours each doing our cleaning assignments. After, though, I felt so good. Especially about the kitchen--it was finally clean (they always leave messes in there). I was excited about it, and assumed that they would want the place to stay clean for awhile.

Then I went to hang out with MsFish. I knew they were having a bunch of people over, and I didn't want to intrude. When I got home, though, the kitchen and living room were a complete mess. Dirty pots and pans everywhere, cutting boards covered with pineapple rinds and raw chicken. Yes, that's right, RAW CHICKEN. Then I saw the packages that the chicken was in strewn all over the place. I mean, they didn't even bother to properly dispose of that, and it is potentially spreading salmonella all over my kitchen!

I wanted to yell, "Are you trying to KILL me?" Maybe they don't care, but I tend to be sensitive to viruses and infections and things. However, I didn't say anything. I'll probably have to end up cleaning it up and desanitizing the kitchen for human use, since they went to their mommies homes for dinner and left everything in a horrible mess. And it was all clean, just YESTERDAY!!!

Wow. I'm really ranting now. It feels good to get it out. I probably need to discuss it with them, though, rather than just letting it build up inside.

I think I'll go eat some ice cream. And anti-bacterialate the kitchen.  :P
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2005, 08:57:10 PM »
Yeah, it's a balancing act. I love having roommates when you're all really close and have similar living habits. But that happens so rarely.

It's the first time I've ever lived alone, actually, so I can get quite lonely. I was talking to my dad this afternoon, and he said all ya gotta do is turn on the TV, turn down the sound, and turn up the stereo. There ya go. I love my dad.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2005, 09:26:23 PM »
I lived alone in Santa Cruz and I LOVED it.  But I was severely anti-social when I lived in Santa Cruz, so while I loved it it wasn't exactly what I would call healthy.  I don't think I would want to do it again now, mostly because I need people around to talk to.  Me by myself all the time would be bad news for my depression.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2005, 09:29:37 PM »
MsFish,
Do you remember how clean the kitchen was yesterday when you came over to my apartment? Remember, and weep with me for the loss of cleanliness.  :'(
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2005, 11:53:16 PM »
I'm only mildly grumpy today, but I am really posting for my ferret. My ferret seems grumpy today, probably because I keep seperating her from her one true love -- the trash can.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2005, 01:13:33 AM »
Kids are ridiculously expensive to raise.   :o

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2005, 01:19:48 AM »
Why do you think 42 has a Ferrit instead?  It's like a kid in that it ignores everything he says, only wants to play, eat and Sleep while only costing a tenth as much.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2005, 01:23:48 AM »
And given the chance, a ferret would just as soon eat you as snuggle with you.

At least my kids will snuggle without thinking "Hmm. I wonder what that finger tastes like?"

"Here Buckbeak! Come and get the nice, dead ferret!"