Author Topic: Wisdom Teeth  (Read 5540 times)

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
Re: Wisdom Teeth
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2004, 09:02:31 PM »
cool...I guesse...well at least my wisdom teeth gave me no trouble
btw, I still have braces, appraching my sixth year
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2004, 09:35:32 PM »
I had braces, minimally. During, or it was possibly after, the time I had to have a lower front tooth pulled to make room for the others. The toothologist just gave me a nic of novacaine, pulled, tugged, and pried. Then sewwed it up like I was a quilt and I went home. Never to really remember that day too well. As I now try to recall it. Got me out of school I believe.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2004, 11:45:47 PM »
I never needed braces. I'm blessed with good genes. Bless those Swedes, because it sure ain't the Scots or the Irish. They came in like all get-out, with a huge gap between the two front, and big fangs on the sides. But by the time I was in high school, they all just settled right in. Then the wisdom teeth kind of closed the gap in my two front teeth even more, doing their pushing forward thing. The only problem was they did that on the bottom, too, so now the bottom's slightly crooked.

But oh well. No braces!
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2004, 12:14:09 AM »
just like two out of my three sisters(aja and zoe, but mara had to have braces)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2004, 02:25:14 AM »
I had braces because of hitting my face on a rock in the mojave desert when I was age 2, knocking out 2 baby teeth (the right front one and the one next to that) and damaging (fusing) the developing permanent teeth there. When I was about 10 my front tooth finally came in (crooked), but the one next to it never did (since it was fused above the other one). Around the same time (can't remember if it was before or after) the eyetooth on that side fell out and never grew back (because the permanent tooth was stuck).

I got braces while I was on my mission. It was the suggestion of the mission president's wife. I had never considered it before, really. And the parents probably never considered it because of the expense. My teeth never bothered me but when it was suggested to me I said "sure, why not."

This involved getting an apparatus on the roof of my mouth with a little key I had to crank a couple times a day in order to widen my upper jaw. Cranking this hurt a bit but I was eager to get it over with as quickly as I could, so I did it more often than required. It seems it worked very well. (I never considered that I might accidentally widen it too much... eh heh heh.)

So I got all my teeth all straightened, with plenty of room for that tooth to come down, but it didn't cooperate. Finally after I got home from my mission they discovered that I had an odontoma there--a buildup of tooth material in my gum there, which was keeping the other tooth from coming down. Once I had the surgery and got a post attached to my permanent tooth, they pulled that tooth down over about a week. It went very easily.

So at last I was missing only one tooth. I decided to go for a bridge instead of a post.

Oh yeah, late in high school that front tooth that came in late and crooked had to have a root canal. It was fun. Believe it or not...
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2004, 02:36:50 AM »
that is a crazy story(could have used a few gunfights) ever had a toothe filed down? it is so annoying, the little whinning noise it makes, for a whole hour!! It took a friggin hour to file down each of my eight giant canines(yes I had extras) and I had to do it in two hour sessions over four days!!! it was the worst part of getting braces, I had to get them filed otherwise they would hite my braces either above or below them...

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2004, 12:59:40 PM »
Ookla, I had to have that Jaw widening apparatus too, so I know what you are talking about.  I forget what it is called, though...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2004, 07:21:26 PM »
it's called a pallette spreader, my sister's freind has one.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2004, 02:20:44 AM »
ah, that's right.

but it's palate...a palette spread is what happens when you go from 8 bits to 16 bits in Photoshop.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2004, 02:28:54 AM »
Okay, Ookla.  THAT was funny.

10 bonus posts to gryffindor.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2004, 09:55:02 AM »
Agreed.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2004, 06:20:41 PM »
who said I was in gryffindor?  8)

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2004, 06:24:55 PM »
Well, you're not Slytherin, and nobody pays any attention to the other two. They might as well not exist.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2004, 07:45:21 PM »
oh, hufflepuff will rise and destroy you all.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2004, 01:41:50 AM »
Right after they change their name to something that doesn't make them all sound like pansies.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan