Author Topic: Cryovolcanoes, Swiss Cheese, and the Walnut Moon  (Read 1221 times)

Silk

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
Cryovolcanoes, Swiss Cheese, and the Walnut Moon
« on: June 08, 2009, 06:15:33 AM »
(Is this the right place to put this topic?)

So, this fascinating title is the title ofd an article by Richard A. Lovett. It appeared in the June 2007 issue of Analog Science Fiction and Fact, and I'd love to be able to get my hands on a copy of it.

Of course, I don't imagine my chances of finding a print copy of it are all that wonderful (Analog's site says they only sell recent back issues). Fictionwise doesn't seem to have digital copies that far back, and I'm not sure if it's available anywhere else digitally.

Anyone have any suggestions?

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
Re: Cryovolcanoes, Swiss Cheese, and the Walnut Moon
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 11:15:09 PM »
Have you tried your local library? I know that mine back in Colorado had archives of Analog. Not sure how far back though.

Edit: Turns out the BYU library has access to all of Analog from 1980 - 2002. Nothing more recent than that though, oddly enough. And, the Analog site is undergoing "renovations", so the index isn't even available. :(

Edit 2: Answered my own question: Jefferson County Public Libraries keeps Analog for 2 years. In other words, they may still have June 2007 - if you hurry. Maybe they'll interlibrary loan it or something.

Edit 3: If I'm reading this page right, the BYU Library should have an actual physical copy. I suppose being a college student does have *some* perks. :) So, if you want, tomorrow I'll go looking for it, and if they have it, scan and email the article.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 11:45:11 PM by ryos »
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
Re: Cryovolcanoes, Swiss Cheese, and the Walnut Moon
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:42:42 PM »
Thanks. I'll check it out. :D