Author Topic: Sad day.  (Read 10147 times)

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
Re: Sad day.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 08:25:25 PM »
The suspense is killing me, I really can hardly wait, I'm so excited for it, and it's still months away, what am I to do???
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 06:55:54 AM »
You wait.

But really what is the other option.  It's not like you can find a copy anywhere yet, so......
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 08:43:37 PM »
You come up with more theories, of course!  Also, if you haven't done so yet, try reading the Simarillion.  It's a tough read, but there are a couple of really good stories in there.  You'll freak when you find out just how old Galadriel was.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 06:04:53 AM »
LOL. Yeah, that was odd to find out you are friends w/ my cuz. (I hope she's not the one who phoned you at 4pm and wrested you from your nap, etc., etc. as mentioned on the grumpy thread post.)

It was pretty much out of the blue for me, though when I met her I did think the name Bylund sounded vaguely familiar.  I actually was her, but it was actually less that I was mad and more that I'm a grumpy person when woken before I plan to be.  I like my nap time, what can I say.

You come up with more theories, of course!  Also, if you haven't done so yet, try reading the Simarillion.  It's a tough read, but there are a couple of really good stories in there.  You'll freak when you find out just how old Galadriel was.

I don't know, what I personally thought was funny was realizing that since Elrond and Aragorn were related way back, when Aragorn married Arwen he was technically marrying a cousin a long way removed.

I would second the Silmarilion though, it really is a great book.  You'll learn a whole ton of cool stuff.  Not really much in the way of a singular story arc though.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 08:14:15 PM »
Maybe Tor will release the prologue a little early, to wet our whistle. ;)

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • stupid LiveJournal thing
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 09:42:14 PM »
You wait.

But really what is the other option.  It's not like you can find a copy anywhere yet, so......

I got to help proofread the manuscript.  You all are going to love it.  I can't wait to buy it myself, and I've already read it.   In my opinion, it's the best book of the trilogy. 

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 01:43:47 AM »
Please No, don't say that, I'm already excited enough, I don't need a "the best book in the trilogy," comment hanging over my head!
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 04:42:39 PM »
Why not?  Would you rather him say it was nothing special?   :P

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 07:32:16 PM »
Better not to get people too excited. I personally have believed that some readers are going to hate this book and will curse Brandon and his family unto the fourth generation.

Don't go in expecting the best thing since sliced bread.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 11:11:48 PM »
UHHHH!!!!!!!!!  Why do I even visit this thread. 

:o

I am for the most part, joking, it doesn't bother me overly much, but I also don't want to hear too many comments like that, I won't be able to last until october.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 11:29:44 PM »
Better not to get people too excited. I personally have believed that some readers are going to hate this book and will curse Brandon and his family unto the fourth generation.

Which demography are you referring to with that?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 07:10:36 AM »
I won't discuss that until October. :)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 07:29:07 AM »

You mean after all the people have cast their curses, so you can say "Uh, right, exactly who I was expecting"?  *peace*
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2008, 01:02:13 AM »

Maybe over PM then?  I think I might know who you're referring to, but I'm interested in knowing for sure.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 09:37:02 PM »

Why not?  Are you saying the book is not good?   I know you're not saying the book is not good.  You give away too much, though.  There are really only two ways a book can get people that upset, other than the book just being bad, of course.