Author Topic: The Superfly Nights of the Incredible Mr. Limpet  (Read 16964 times)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
Re: The Superfly Nights of the Incredible Mr. Limp
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2005, 05:26:12 PM »
I was impressed by Cowboy Bebop.  I thought it was very well done.  I thought the art was awesome.  The characters were cool.  

It's still very much not my thing.  I saw it once.  It was neat.   I'm not in a hurry to watch the rest.  

And EUOL, if you see this, I am not amused with you.  If you have to insist on watching Jackie Chan, why do you have to insist on watching it with ME there?  Have I not sat through enough martial arts movies yet?  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 22, 2005, 05:28:47 PM »
Don't worry, MsFish, we'll think up something really horrible for him to watch. Something that he can't deem "literature" but that is so horrifyingly girly he will want to run screaming from the room.

And, who knows, maybe you'll like the Jackie Chan movie. I've heard that they're pretty funny.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2005, 05:48:10 PM »
Don't worry, MsFish, we'll think up something really horrible for him to watch. Something that he can't deem "literature" but that is so horrifyingly girly he will want to run screaming from the room.

And, who knows, maybe you'll like the Jackie Chan movie. I've heard that they're pretty funny.

I suggest something like Never Been Kissed or 50 First Dates.

I love Jackie Chan. Just don't watch Project A or whatever. Certain of his early subtitled stuff isn't so good. But I love his English-language stuff, and a certain number of his Chinese language stuff.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2005, 08:38:02 PM »
Actually, I think he wants to see 50 First Dates. That's definitely not the worst out there, because it is an Adam Sandler movie. Never Been Kissed might be more the ticket. Although I also know he is not a fan of Ever After. Oh, one that I just thought of is Now and Then. A movie I like, but that is sufficiently horrifyingly girly.

MsFish's revenge will be the opposite of swift and cunning--it will be long and frivolous. And I shall aide you in this endeavor, MsFish.

But it will have to be a movie that doesn't annoy us, too.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2005, 08:46:29 PM »
Adam Sandler is a tricky one. I personally don't like him all that much in most of his movies, and avoid him--though he's tremendously funny, his brand of humor also runs into the tremendously stupid or gross. I just saw 50 First Dates the other night and it was okay--about on par with The Wedding Singer, which I liked well enough but it was so non-80s in Drew Barrymore's hairstyle. No self-respecting girl in 1985 would be caught dead with hair parted in the middle. Of course, she was supposed to be kind of dorky, so maybe that was it.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2005, 08:56:51 PM »
EUOL, let me just say, my sympathies. My suggestion would be to stab and/or burn them all.  ;D
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2005, 09:23:20 PM »
Sadly, I own Never Been Kissed, Ever After, and Now and Then, all on VHS from my terrifyingly girly stage in highschool.  I have an obscene number of chick flicks that I bought during that era.  

Only You might be a good one with which to torment.  Trouble is, I don't want to make Issac suffer just because EUOL must pay.

I'm not an Adam Sandler fan.  All his movies seem to be really crude.  So not a fan of that.  

Actually, I think he wants to see 50 First Dates. That's definitely not the worst out there, because it is an Adam Sandler movie. Never Been Kissed might be more the ticket. Although I also know he is not a fan of Ever After. Oh, one that I just thought of is Now and Then. A movie I like, but that is sufficiently horrifyingly girly.

MsFish's revenge will be the opposite of swift and cunning--it will be long and frivolous. And I shall aide you in this endeavor, MsFish.

But it will have to be a movie that doesn't annoy us, too.

Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2005, 11:21:03 PM »
Trouble is, I don't want to make Issac suffer just because EUOL must pay.

Yes, we must think of the innocent.

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2005, 11:22:36 PM »
EUOL, let me just say, my sympathies. My suggestion would be to stab and/or burn them all.  ;D

And I think we should kidnap Archon and subject him to our girl movie, too. Torture the infidel!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #219 on: June 23, 2005, 09:11:36 AM »
/me orders his ninja monkeys to "around Archon a perimeter create"

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2005, 09:29:19 AM »
*Spriggan wonders why such a Girly thread is on his manly forums?  Who cares about manicures and reading Teen-bob magazine?
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2005, 09:34:32 AM »
No-one, but we need to pretend to tolerate it if we want to score.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #222 on: June 23, 2005, 09:50:15 AM »
time for a new thread.