Alternate Realities > TW(i)G

Natural Resources

<< < (2/3) > >>

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
that's cool. I like it. Good solutions.
Also: swords and knives might break on armor, jsut like the arrows would. I guess if they're slashing, like you would with a simitar, than that's not as big an issue.

Spriggan:
That's what I would figure, and that people that use these weapons would have some training in how to keep them from breaking.  But in the desertlands, where wearing heavy armor could kill you from just the heat alone, metal armor isn't used that often either so it's very effective there.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
yeah, they might get smacked down pretty hard if they ran into the Tylerians, but the Free Cities on one side and Silkur/Bretoran on the other prevent that.

Spriggan:
And due to Parth's and Bastock's good relations (ie Parth has money and resources for trade) they can get metal from them.  Not to say that they DONT have metals, but they are a lot more expensive there and in the military commanders would have access to them (probaly the people that control 100-200 people or more).  And there would be a few troops (maybe a few thousand) that would be the "metals" haveing weapons/armor and training with them (sine the wieght would be different and people that were use to one type would have trouble useing them without and adjustment period).  It would make good tradeing to bask who would want the lighter weapons that dont rust for their ship crews.  I think the negatives and bonuses balence each other out.

And everyday metal items would be made of glass (probaly normal glass), earthenware or onyix.

Spriggan:
Help a guy out:

have a gander at this map:
http://www.monkeyslothstudio.com/pictures/RiverIlnecities.jpg
at the bottom there's a lake (lake Parth) and next to it is a city (goe).  Not sure 100% what I'm going to have Goe be (more why it's there besides the lake).  I'm thinking of haveing it be a mining town and I want to make a new item that one could "mine" persay, something that would be unique to this setting.  It could be anything realy.  If anyone was thinking of makeing some new item that one could get from an undergroud cave or tunnel system or mine let me know.  Maybe some type of fungas or mold that people use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version