Departments > Movies and TV

Dollhouse

<< < (4/21) > >>

Fellfrosch:
As much as I liked this show before, the last two episodes have really picked up. Last week's episode (with the religious compound) took a very minor, nitpicky misstep right at the end, but beyond that I've been incredibly impressed. I'm really enjoying it.

Tage:
I, for one, only watched the first few episodes due to Whedon-loyalty, though I wasn't that impressed with the show. However, as of episodes 4 and 5, my faith has been rewarded and I love the show now. It's gone from good potential to fantastic execution.

Peter Ahlstrom:
What was the misstep at the religious compound? Beyond the fact that when they went into the compound in riot gear, none of them looked in the doorway of the building, which was visible from the gate, and no one heard the one guy get shot?

(I liked the episode a lot, by the way.)

Fellfrosch:
Like I said, it was a very small misstep that probably only bugged me. I was expecting Boyd to whisk Echo away in secret, so that when Ballard arrived he would find no body and no witnesses that she had left--in his eyes she would have disappeared completely, and in the eyes of the cultists she would have left as miraculously as she arrived. Having Boyd just walk out with her allowed a funny little joke with the ATF guy, but was comparatively a lot less cool than what I was expecting. That might not qualify as a misstep, but I'm counting it as one.

Peter Ahlstrom:
For the ATF guy to know for sure they were alive provided him motivation not to tell the FBI guy he knew who Echo was, since Boyd had that video to dangle over his future career.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version