Author Topic: The Excitement of Living in Provo  (Read 3485 times)

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
The Excitement of Living in Provo
« on: March 20, 2004, 01:47:55 PM »
So I went out to the car to get something last night, about 12:30.  There were  10 deer all grazing on the front lawn of our apartment complex.  Now I've seen 2 or 3 before, but TEN all at once?  These deer are awfully cute, there are even some fawns with them, they're just eating, so once I go away and stop scaring them they go back to what they were doing.

About ten minutes later I hear two shots.

Just now a nice policeman has been coming around to all the apartments asking if we saw/heard anything.  Everyone heard the shots, I was the only one who saw the deer and where they were.

Seems some funny fellow did shoot a deer, but he didn't shoot it back in the field behind our apartments as I assumed. He shot it right in the middle of the street. In a crowded residential neighborhood.

A crowded residential neighborhood full of childen.  And yes it was late, but it was also a warm spring night on a weekend.

I am so infuriated I can't even speak.  I have no problem with hunting, but guess what?  This doesn't count.  This counts as some man proving without a doubt that his parents were not married when he was born.  (It's really hard to function on here without curse words sometimes....)
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: The Excitement of Living in Provo
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 03:04:37 PM »
Well, illeagal hunting is probably the most common crime in Utah. If it makes you feel better. I hope the guy who shot the dear gets arrsted. It's pretty hefty fine to shoot a deer outside of a hunting zone and also another fine for shooting a deer outside of the hunting season and possible jail time. Stupid hick.

On the practical side, I hope someone takes the time to clean the deer and perhaps donate the meat to the local food bank or something.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 03:07:07 PM »
*sigh*

I just wish I'd gone outside to see what was going on, so I could help turn the jerk in.  But after the incident in Florida where when we heard shots that close it was a murder because of a drug deal gone bad. . . . my common sense tells me not to take these chances.

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 01:25:25 PM »
And it's probably a good idea to maintain that variety of common sense, since you're probably not going to be living in Provo forever. Like I have to keep reminding myself to pay attention when walking to my car at night. Sure, the likelihood of getting jumped in Am Fork is pretty slim, but the chances go up when I move.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 01:50:16 PM »
Hey, some of us just might end up living in Provo or American Fork forever.  :-/
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 01:56:10 PM »
I still remember the Billboard I saw when I left florida,
It had a gator holding a rifle with the words we'll get you next time printed on it.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 02:23:13 PM »
Now that's a Chamber of Commerce with a sick sense of humor.