Local Authors > Brandon Sanderson

Official WoK Fan Art (Here there be spoilers)

<< < (4/31) > >>

rjl:

--- Quote from: neverearth on September 20, 2010, 04:55:19 AM ---I made this of Kaladin jumping the chasm in my sketchbook last week.

[img]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk78/NeverEarth/kaladinchasm.jpg[ img]

I need to have a weapon or something sticking out on the Parshendi side, so it doesn't look like Kaladin's jumping in to join a happy gathering.  My stormlight needs work too.

--- End quote ---
I like it, I like it a lot, but I agree on the stormlight needing work, and I think it would be better if slightly mroe was shown, i.e. a bit more of what he's jumped from and a bit more of what he's jumping to.

ehyde:

--- Quote from: Inkthinker on September 13, 2010, 03:05:16 AM --- 2) I realized that it's a really spoilery scene if you were to see that illustration, and then read the novel... you'd be constantly waiting for a spearman (and it wouldn't take long to realize that it's Kaladin either) to leap a chasm into an opposing army and suck up stormlight, and the moment in which that happens is so much more powerful if you don't see it coming.

--- End quote ---

You're right Inkthinker, that's just what happened ... could we get a spoiler warning put in this thread title? (yes, I should have realized that there might be spoilers present, but I was looking for Mistborn fanart and not thinking about WoK).

But I have now finished WoK and would *love* to see a finished picture of that scene!

edited to say, no harm done and no hard feelings, it just seems like a spoiler warning might be helpful to others. Sorry if any of this sounded like an accusation because I really didn't mean it that way.

Inkthinker:
AAUGH!!

See? Like that! That's what I'm talking about.

I'm awful sorry about that ehyde, I figured the boards are so incredibly spoilery right now that nobody would be browsing these threads who was spoiler-sensitive. I hope it didn't wreck the book too much... I still enjoy reading a book even when I know something is coming, because I like seeing how it plays out (sort of how a scene in a trailer might spoil you a bit, but it's not the same as watching the movie), but I do hate when it happens just the same, and I have some friends who get downright furious about 'em.

I don't know that a spoiler tag would help, unless there's a way to hide the image?

Wolfstar:
Perhaps lifting the moratorium on creating new fan-art threads would be a possibility?  If each recent release got its own thread until the next release, we could cut down on spoil'd stuff for people.  Then I imagine the threads could be integrated into the main art thread after it is no longer "current".

ehyde:

--- Quote from: Inkthinker on September 22, 2010, 09:08:57 AM ---AAUGH!!

See? Like that! That's what I'm talking about.

I'm awful sorry about that ehyde, I figured the boards are so incredibly spoilery right now that nobody would be browsing these threads who was spoiler-sensitive. I hope it didn't wreck the book too much... I still enjoy reading a book even when I know something is coming, because I like seeing how it plays out (sort of how a scene in a trailer might spoil you a bit, but it's not the same as watching the movie), but I do hate when it happens just the same, and I have some friends who get downright furious about 'em.

I don't know that a spoiler tag would help, unless there's a way to hide the image?

--- End quote ---

Don't worry about it, it's my fault really. And I think,  even without knowing about that scene specifically, I'd have been able to guess that something awesome was about to happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version