Author Topic: article: Summer 2006 wrap up.  (Read 2518 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: article: Summer 2006 wrap up.
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 01:06:28 AM »
I have no problem admitting that I have pooped on a pirate on occasion.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 02:55:02 AM »
Sheesh, you are so predictable in your prejudices. "Blah blah pirates stupid. Blah blah, stupid pirates. Blah blah, yammer yammer." The same old, same old.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 03:56:15 AM »
I thought Mission Impossible III was the best movie of the summer. Pirates was fun, but MI3 was just all around well done and truly frightening. The best villain I've seen in who knows how long, a plot that kept me guessing right until the credits rolled (there's one unresolved twist I still think might have been a setup for MI4), and they finally made that face disguise thing make SENSE. Note: I never actually saw the first MI movie, and never saw the TV series, but I did see MI2 and thought it was laughably horrible. But MI3 was just excellent.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!