Author Topic: The Nerdery #29  (Read 1484 times)

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
Re: The Nerdery #29
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 01:28:41 AM »
"Being a sea witch probably doesn?t make a lot of friends... but she has her sea creatures that keep her company."

Hey, with anenomes like that, who needs friends?
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 02:46:55 AM »
Boo.  Hiss.

;)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 07:01:58 PM »
Yea for the return of the Nerdery!  Very nice article 42, it's cool too see how different people treat this article series.  This was much better then anything I wrote, though I was writing for the sake of having an article then writing because I like the subject.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 10:45:40 PM »
I found most of what you said to be true.  I think new people have a harder time deciding what they want to play less because of ideas or whatever, and mostly because they don't know exactly what there is and such.  One thing that could be nice is some pre-generated characters similiar to the equipment starter packs just for new guys to look at and get a feel for what kind of character they want.  It would also be good if they had options on them like 'change this feat to this feat if you want to be more like this, or to this feat if you want to be more like this,' etc.  Not even so much for the idea that here is a premade character for a new guy to use, but just a few complete characters as quick examples for new guys just so they can see what options there are.

I'd also like to see, for both new and old gamers, the starter packs made into the equipment section.  IE 'adventurer starter pack' includes flint and steel, hooded lantern, backpack, bedroll, 2 days trail rations, waterskin, costs X gold.  Sort of a grab-bag, that would speed up buying equipment a lot, and you could have several to choose from.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 10:46:48 PM by Eagle_Prince »
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.