Author Topic: Ben Olson and Jeff Creer Hello from Randall Ensley  (Read 2000 times)

randallensley

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Ben Olson and Jeff Creer Hello from Randall Ensley
« on: August 11, 2007, 01:05:00 AM »
Hello Guys!  Hey, I am going to LA next week for a weeklong artist workshop and awards ceremony for the L Ron Hubbard Illustrators of the Future contest and I am printing loads of copies of Key of Pain to distribute during various events.  I was just thinking of you and hope all is well.  Without my earlier work being published in Leading Edge I would not be in the position I am now.  I will share a couple of the winning illustrations with you after the workshop.  Frank Frazetta, Bob Eggleton, Vincent DiFate and Stephen Youll are some of the judges for the contest.
Sincerely,
Randall

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Ben Olson and Jeff Creer Hello from Randall Ensley
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 05:34:30 AM »
Hey, great to hear from you! It was cool to see you in Boston, and good to hear you're still doing well.

—Peter
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 05:01:06 PM »
Hi Randal,

I'm really glad to hear that you're doing well and that more people get to see your great work.

-Jeff
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 08:31:09 AM »
Wow, that's great! I have my framed & signed copy sitting in my living room, and I still tell the story of the picture's origins to people who ask (and they often do, since it's such a striking piece). Thanks so much for dropping by (and finding us) to let us know how you're doing. Hope things continue to look up!

--Ben
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

randallensley

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 01:36:06 AM »
Peter, Ben and Jeff,
Great to touch base with you.  I will post the illustrations after the contest.
http://www.amazon.ca/Writers-Future-Lafayette-Ron-Hubbard/dp/1592123988/ref=sr_11_1/701-6053924-4101961?ie=UTF8&qid=1184350966&sr=11-1
The above should be a link to the book.
Randall