Author Topic: Review: The Knight  (Read 1467 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Review: The Knight
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 12:05:56 PM »
I was afraid I would be harassed for blasphemy or something, so either no one has read The Knight, everyone agrees with me, or they don't care.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 12:44:02 PM »
Honestly, it just isn't standing out to me.

Your review kind of put the book on the "if I have time, although I never have time" list.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 05:52:06 PM »
I, for one, haven't read it.  I usually fall pretty solidly on one side or the other with books that polarize so when I read this one I'll probably have an opinion, and blather on about it endlessly.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 12:32:12 AM »
Honestly, it just isn't standing out to me.

Your review kind of put the book on the "if I have time, although I never have time" list.

I've never heard of it, and after reading your review I have no desire to do so. Does not sound like my kind of book.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 03:56:56 PM »
I guess that's the point of the review--trying to steer away those who don't want to waste their time.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/