Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith  (Read 18340 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #135 on: April 21, 2005, 11:13:43 PM »
I don't think it matters if his intentions were to Troll, and I don't think they were, it's what the people who were reading them thought.  Unfortunatly message bords don't expresses sarcasm or other emotions so even the most innocent comment could be missintrepreted.

I think the best thing to do if for Mulch to introduce himself and try to get to know how things work here by reading the FAQ.

http://www.timewastersguide.com/boards/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=news

Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2005, 10:26:50 AM »
yeah, his intent is irrelevant. THe post showed either that he hadn't read the thread he was posting on, in which case, why did he do it? or else he showed a distinct lack of class. I'm not demanding an apology, and I didn't smack him down, I just pointed out that it wasn't an appropriate comment. I don't think I'm the one who needs to calm down. I'll reserve that for the defensive one.

Nicadymus

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2005, 10:56:26 AM »
Ok. I would like to jump in here real quick and try to help.

First, Mulch, go introduce yourself, state how you found out about the twg, and tell everyone a little about yourself, and make sure that you mention something about how you joke around a lot... that should help some.

Second, Spriggan and e, I can understand your positions as you have been here for a while and don't know Mulch.  But let us all remember that it is difficult to communicate emotion through a medium of communication that only allows written content.  I understand how you could see his post as a form of trolling, but please try to also see how he could have been sarcastic and just trying to get a laugh.

Third, I am not going to take a side in this, as I can see both points, but everyone please remember that the only way to make this the premier time-wasting site in the universe is for everyone to start wasting their time here.  Long time members, let's try to welcome new people through positive reinforcement, and new members, please learn the rules and try get a feel for everyone's point of view so that no one jumps to the wrong conclusion about you.

Fourth,  Sprig, is there a way that we can create a sort initial entry area where potential new members are required to read the rules/FAQ and introduce themselves before they can post in any other thread.  That way we will know that they have read the rules and will be put on notice and it will give everyone else the chance to introduce themselves to the new member... perhaps have the new member start a thread introducing themselves and have current members respond?

Ok... enough of me up on my soap box.  Sorry for the off topic rant.

Can't wait to see the movie!
Boogie woogie woogie!!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2005, 11:30:40 AM »
oh, i can see the other side, but I still think he needs to be aware of this issue and respond accordingly.

anyway, less than four weeks, buds. Got your ticket yet?

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2005, 11:47:58 AM »
Still trying to hammer out which day my group of guys are going to and if we can find a common ground.  If not, then it is every man for themselves.  Hardest thing is that several of us live at least an hour away from the majority, so we are having to find a workable time...

Suffice it to say, I will see it opening weekend one way or another.
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2005, 11:54:04 AM »
Some coworkers and I got in on an 8am showing on opening day. I'm quite pleased.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2005, 12:08:15 PM »
I have the day off, and orders to see it early so I can see it later the same day with my wife and tell her when to hide her eyes.

mulchNator

• Level 4
  • "Let's get the hell out of here"  Army of Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2005, 12:40:34 PM »
OK, OK. . .  Apparently I made a mistake, and for that I DO APOLOGIZE to anybody whom I have offended.  I in no way mean to come across in that manner.  

I am a comeidc personality at heart.  A Jim Carrey one would say of themselves.  If you want to check my background fine then ask moredew, nicadymus, capatain morgan, rican, and n8.  They all know who I am and are friends of mine.  Again my intent is not to offend anyone just mearly to bring a smile and laughter to everyone's gutt, deep down inside!  Sometimes Yes I can be sarcastic as in this case.  I was only JOKING, and for that I AM SORRY!!!  

What I was saying was that Phantom Menace was presented more towards the youth of today.  That in NO WAY means however that I didn't like the movie.  It was still a great flick.  I cannot however wiat for the Revenge of the Sith to open.  We are all planning to attend to my knowledge and the wait is unbearable.  But in the end I know it will definitely be worth it!!!

In the end I ask a questions now of my best friend Moredew.  

Moredew would you please define "trolling"?  By which definition do you refer to "trolling"?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2005, 01:22:02 PM »
Trolling is internet lingo for jumping into a forum/thread and posting a comment with the intention of makeing people angry and starting a fight.  Another common phrase, which you'll see if our Admin JP ever locks a Troll thread, is "don't feed the Trolls" sence people that are Trolling enjoy people trying to fight with them.

What I was saying was that Phantom Menace was presented more towards the youth of today.  That in NO WAY means however that I didn't like the movie.  It was still a great flick.  I cannot however wiat for the Revenge of the Sith to open.  We are all planning to attend to my knowledge and the wait is unbearable.  But in the end I know it will definitely be worth it!!!

That's a perfect comment that shows you are here for discussion of the topic.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2005, 05:36:08 PM »
Just got a line on tickets for a show at 12:01 am opening day.... so tempting.... but no one to go with.
Boogie woogie woogie!!

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2005, 10:33:35 PM »
Don't feed the trolls, children!

Furthermore, don't feed the trolls children. It's bad for their digestion.

Finally, don't feed the dingo. It can and will kills you.

Now, to be at least somewhat on topic.

I watched the original trilogy at least 300 times in the year or two after I first saw them, then I kinda got over them. They're cool movies. I tend to think that looking at the story arc like this is overanalysing - I don't think Lucas intended such subtleties to get through across the two sets of films, I think it's either an accident or just trying to make them fit by thinking really hard.

I'll see Revenge eventually, but I don't have high hopes for it.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2005, 09:35:17 PM »
I expect Revenge to be very high on graphically cool action.  If it isn't, I'll be annoyed.

Eps I & II were über-disappointing.  I hated Anakin (both versions), and Jar-Jar was extremely evil, and the dialogue between Anakin and Padme was really poor (in my opinion).

However, they were very nice eye-candy, overall.  And I loved the "you don't want to sell me deathsticks" part.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to the next.  I have no great hopes for the plot, but I expect to see lots of cool explosions and spaceships and the ilk.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Master Gopher

• Level 11
  • I do not disguise my nerdiness.
    • View Profile
    • HomePage
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2005, 11:44:08 PM »
Ditto.
I just like the pretty-graphics for giving me a more complete view of the world, in order to make the *others* seem even better. If Revenge gives me only that, it'll still be better than nothing. I doubt there can be anything that will reduce my view of the others, hence I'm not fussed.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2005, 11:47:37 AM »
Has anyone read the novel yet?

This is, put simply, impossible.  It can't be done.
He's going to do it anyway.
Because he is Anakin Skywalker, and he doesn't believe in impossible.

Oh yeah, I got my tickets for the movie already.  I was also reading the first page of this thread.  Reminds me of HGTTG.  Sometimes I don't know if I should chuckle, roll my eyes, or just weap a bit.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 11:58:52 AM by Eagle_Prince »
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2005, 06:54:24 PM »
If Revenge gives me only that, it'll still be better than nothing.

You'll be getting it in spades, trust me ;)
Got to see close to 10 minutes of "new" footage last week and was holding my breath almost the whole time.