Author Topic: Must be my lucky day  (Read 7241 times)

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
Re: Must be my lucky day
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2004, 05:30:26 PM »
Uphill both ways!

Naked!
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 05:36:18 PM »
   SE why are you getting so mad at this? I am fighting several people who are yeling at me basically and it doesnt get to me, why should you be upset? Think what you like, if I am just a stupid kid then why should you care?
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2004, 05:36:44 PM »
While playing Mario Kart on our SNES' with Little Spanky pulling the generator behind us.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2004, 05:54:20 PM »
    Apparently you werent tooooo underpriviliged, that game was great.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004, 05:55:38 PM »
Insomuch as cell phones are proving to be the cause of contention among our people, I declare them to be evil and lay a curse on them.

**Kije waves his voodoo totems, chanting and mumbling

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2004, 06:08:41 PM »
    I don't know, my dads job kind of depends upon them so.... I appreciate it, but I am not sure that that is the answer

By the way, does anyone want to tell me what I did wrong, I was ranting about something that I was upset about, and I feel that I have defended my stance pretty logically. I know that some of the regulars are parents and that that might cause friction, but I was at no point implying that all parents were stupid, or anything of the sort. I just thought that this was a particularly illogical incident and I hate stupidity. So I ranted. Any ideas?

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2004, 06:15:49 PM »
Eh, they're just being grumpy, Archon.  I'll actually back you up on this one.  My mom and both my sisters have cell phones, and they never turn them on.  Often, all three of them will be home, and I can't reach anyone in the house.  It's a little bit frustrating.  
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2004, 06:20:26 PM »
     Thanks a lot EUOL. Hey SE, sorry man if I touched a nerve.

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2004, 06:25:01 PM »
I wasn't upset with anybody.  I was just pointing out that cellphones are evil and I hate them.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2004, 06:33:49 PM »
     Yeah they can be, especially if they are overused. If you can't get away where you can't be contacted, it can get very frustrating. I can understand how that would suck. They are also useful sometimes too, though.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2004, 06:34:17 PM »
And I just like laying curses.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 06:36:15 PM »
I'm mad about cell phones, let's get that clear.

I do think it's VERY disrespectful to call your mother stupid. No, you weren't very rational. You said that because she does something that ANYONE might do, ie, not turn on their cell phone, she's stupid. How is that logical? It's ok if that annoys you, but really, I find it very, well spoiled brat of you to say it like that. You come off as a big jerk.

maybe it's illogical. Probably, in fact. But look around, people are not always logical. And being illogical does NOT equal stupidity. You've essentially equated an unusual mannerism with inferiority as a human being. And you've done it to one of the two people who's done more for you than most anyone else on the earth.

If you are allowed to say cruel things about your mother, behind her back, nonetheless, why cannot I say to your face that I think this is very poor behavior as well as immature and out of line?

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 06:48:09 PM »
    I never said that you werent allowed to. You can say whatever you want, Im not going to stop you, or even get upset about it. I was just curious about why you reacted so strongly over what I would consider a little thing.

Next, you said that I said that behind her back. You are right, and I don't like doing that, but I have told her to her face as well that that is a stupid thing to do. So I am not being two faced which is what is important to me.

She knows about it I am sure, but I am sure that being interrupted isnt the reason that she leaves it off. I am going with stupidity on that one.

I never said that she was stupid, I was merely making the point that it was a stupid thing to do. Also she does it a lot, so it isnt just a simple mistake. I can understand that and although frustrating, I wouldnt even call it stupid. But this is more than an isolated incident.  So I say that it is stupid that she does it.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2004, 07:29:12 PM »
I don't care about cell phones, but anyone without an email address drives me nuts.
How can you not have an email address?
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2004, 07:41:11 PM »
    Yeah I can see how that would be annoying fuzzy. I have only had one a short time, but then again none of my friends ever really communicated by email. Only once did someone offer to send me something by email, so it wasnt very important to me. I had AIM to talk on, and they have a feature that lets you send files, so I was fine.