Author Topic: Grumpy things go here  (Read 30365 times)

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
Re: Grumpy things go here
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2005, 10:25:58 PM »
is it a Lexmark Z715 Color Printer thats the only one I could find on Sams Club's website? There are osx drivers for that... you have to go to the printer page to find them and not their list of compatible printers which is retarded the drive is here http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:441:0:0&emeaframe=&fileID=1197

Old One your mini comes with appleworks for mac which is a word processor that is compatible with word.

I used Appleworks for a long time before I got iLife and it works great.

iLife ?05 (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD, GarageBand), Mail, Dashboard, Spotlight, iChat, Safari, Sherlock, QuickTime, iSync, iCal, DVD Player, Address Book, AppleWorks, iWork (30-day trial), Classic environment, Quicken 2005 for Macintosh, 2005 World Book Multimedia Reference Suite, Nanosaur 2, Marble Blast Gold, Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive, Zinio Reader, XCode Developer Tools and Apple Hardware Test

Actually, it's an X6150 (4-in-1 with a flatbed scanner). If you can find drivers, you'll be my hero.

I'll hunt around and see if I can find appleworks somewhere on this thing. I actually have two (three) PCs in various forms around the house. I've tried to boot up two of them this evening in an attempt to give up my Mac-hood, but neither of them booted. So I'm back to the mini. Without a printer. And without Word. I've heard a rumor that there's a Mac shop around here that'll sell Office Suite for Mac to everyone at the student price. Meh.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 30, 2005, 12:11:18 AM »
It may not actually include Appleworks... but it does have Text Edit, which reads and writes rtf with good basic word processing abilities. But it's no Word, that's for sure.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2005, 02:24:58 AM »
website says it has appleworks... its in the applications folder.

No joy on the driver.

I suggest the HP all in one scanner photo printer inkjet...
its like 80 bucks.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2005, 03:50:35 AM »
I'm grumpy because I just dislocated my knee about a minute ago. I managed to set the patella back in place

I have only one thing to say to that: Ewwww.  :P
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 04, 2005, 09:08:45 AM »
I'm grumpy because I'm supposed to be at work right now, but I forgot that the freaking busses don't run in Provo on the fourth of July.  Because, you know, people shouldn't have to get to work, right?  Arg.  And no one at work is answering the phone.  I'm really hoping that's not because I'm the only other person who's supposed to be there besides my manager, because you have to have two people to go in the store, and that would mean I'm screwed.  

I hate this.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #215 on: July 05, 2005, 10:23:59 AM »
I'm grumpy because of sweat

Also, there were no cars headed for Rosslyn between 7:15 and 8:20 this morning, which made for a long wait.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 06, 2005, 09:43:04 PM »
This isn't grumpy.  It's sad:

I miss Chimera!!!! :'(
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 06, 2005, 10:22:20 PM »
Oh, MsFish, that makes me sad. I miss you too!  :'(

Now that I am back in civilization and my phone gets service I will call you. And I'll be back in town soon--this Friday! We will definitely have a girls night.  ;D

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2005, 11:13:42 PM »
No joy on the driver.

I suggest the HP all in one scanner photo printer inkjet...
its like 80 bucks.

Heh. That's the one that I originally bought and didn't work, so I returned it for the Lexmark.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 09, 2005, 12:08:23 AM »
I'm not grumpy but the wife and kids sure are. Thus I drugged the baby to sleep, sent the older child to bed, and sent the wife off with her friends to watch a moving. The grumpyness has been held off for the night and I'm ready to fight it in the morning, again.

For all those who are grumpy right now just think:

"There's no place to be grumpy, there's no place to be grumpy, there's no place to be grumpy,..."

A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 09, 2005, 07:13:07 PM »

Heh. That's the one that I originally bought and didn't work, so I returned it for the Lexmark.

I know that one works because I have it...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 12, 2005, 03:22:59 AM »
I'm grumpy because there is a part of me that doesn't want to go to California for an indefinite amount of time because I'll miss my boyfriend and friends and sometimes time with my family can be a little too much for me--it's good in small doses, but 2-4 weeks is pushing it. And that annoys me that I feel that way, because I should be excited about being with my family, not dreading it. But my life is here now, so I guess it makes sense. At least I'll get plenty of time with my neice and nephew.

And it's going to be a 14 hour drive all by myself. Maybe I'll buy a new book on tape to pass the time.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #222 on: July 12, 2005, 09:03:05 AM »
Well, I'll argue that at this point in your life, probably being with your boyfriend (or potential ones, in a more generic sense) is more important than spending extended periods of time with your family.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2005, 11:57:02 AM »
Sometimes it depends on the family. I'd rather spend time with my inlaws than with my family, usually.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #224 on: July 12, 2005, 12:15:54 PM »
I prefer my outlaws to either.