Author Topic: Stupid Things People Say  (Read 3904 times)

RaoCar

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Elementalist
    • View Profile
Stupid Things People Say
« on: November 30, 2005, 06:31:57 PM »
Lets see.... Here's one.

You mom asks you what you want to have for dinner. You tell her and she says that doesn't sound good. Than why did she ask.

What else do people say to you that is stupid? :P
Please read my book at this site. Its not long yet. I only have one page typed...
http://tb.syntheticstream.com/Forums/PostView.aspx?postid=337263

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Stupid Things People Say
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 07:08:19 PM »
I'm not sure I get it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 07:41:05 PM »
After reading the boards today I can think of several things to put in this thread.  

*Fish bites her tongue and tries to be nice
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 09:07:27 PM »
wow.  I'm glad I didn't post today or I'd be all paranoid about what fish is biting her tongue about.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 09:29:01 PM »
Lets see.... Here's one.

You mom asks you what you want to have for dinner. You tell her and she says that doesn't sound good. Than why did she ask.

What else do people say to you that is stupid?  

Well, this is a hard one. But let me see if I can take a swing at it. Perhaps she asked to see if you had a suggestion that sounded good to her. If you had, then you would have a decision about what to have for dinner. Kind of ironic that you started a thread about saying stupid things, huh?
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 11:00:38 PM »
Can certain forum members automatically have their posts forwarded to this thread? :D

Also, just about anything a certain coworker of mine says to me would belong here.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 12:24:28 AM »
Two top-notch entries from my esteemed British Literature teacher. I can't quote her word for word, but the details are all the same.
The Trojan Horse was a large, hollow, wooden horse that the Greeks built. It was hollow so that the soldiers could be shielded from Trojan arrows while the horse was repeatedly rammed into the gates in order to break them open. Of course, every time it was rammed into the walls, it jarred all of the soldiers inside it around, so that by the time they gained entrance into the city, they were all quite bloodied and bruised.

Shakespearean speech is very elegant. Some people may find it annoyingly long-winded in that instead of simply saying that the sun was rising, they would say "Mark this moment, for the eternal fiery orb rises once again from the west."
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 01:37:02 AM »
wow.  I'm glad I didn't post today or I'd be all paranoid about what fish is biting her tongue about.

I was biting my tongue about the 25 threads that were resurrected today for no apparent reason.  

But I'm feeling much more congeneal about it now than I was when I posted that.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 02:47:43 AM »

I was biting my tongue about the 25 threads that were resurrected today for no apparent reason.  

But I'm feeling much more congeneal about it now than I was when I posted that.  

New people always do that, once it was in fashion to insult those doing it but now everyone has gone soft.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 02:49:28 AM »
Yeah, I think we're going to have to take away Entropy's newbie-smackdown title.

And where has JP been?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 02:50:54 AM »
JP has been laying low for a while, think the Ninja Monkeys are after him.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 03:34:35 AM »
He doesn't like us anymore. Or he got a job. Or something.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 08:54:57 AM »
He's still working in the uni computer lab. I still talk to him sometimes but he's kind of wierd lately. Well, more wierd than an aussie nerd is usually.

And JP got the newbie smackdown title, then left. Bah.

/me promotes Spriggan
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 11:13:19 AM »
It's a long story. He may be back, he may not. He's more friendly off-forum than he was for a short time before he departed. He probably still lurks. So be nice.

Btw, I recommended the Advice thread be resurrected, so no one's allowed to get on the newbie for that.

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2005, 12:40:07 PM »
I personally like old threads being resurrected as long as there is something real to contribute to it, and not just an "I totally agree" post. I did notice when I came on today (and I haven't been around in almost a week so there was a lot that I missed) that there were many threads that were marked new that weren't new. When I first joined I pushed the "Mark all posts as read" button so I'd be informed of only the recently posted threads and not have a "New" tag by old threads. But today they seem to have reappeared. I don't know what's up with that! Oh, well. Once I go through the newly posted threads I'll push the "Mark all posts as read" button again.