Author Topic: Podcast mark III  (Read 6485 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Podcast mark III
« on: December 03, 2005, 01:57:45 PM »
I am currently in the process of revamping my podcast after getting the right equipment to make it a little more professional. I have a new Mic which sounds good, and I have been learning the mysteries of editing so I can cut out a lot of Um's and ahhas. Episodes wont be more than 30 minutes and I can host them on Eric and my webdomain so Im not worried about that right now. All we need to do is publish the link to the file and make the show availible to places like feedburner and iTunes.
And I may have to upload show notes with links and stuff for folks.
Which could count as an article. for a day.
I figure if people like our links they'll definately come back to the site for more info, and probably fall in love w/ timewasters like we all have....

Content wise though Im a little stumped.

I think a podcast can be a great draw to the site, especially if I do stuff like point people to gaming related links, and announce all sorts of news in the timewasting world.

I have some plans, I want to review music (and thus play a little of it) for instance which is completely Kosher under fair use laws. Plus there is a lot of creative commons content that is free for me to use if TWG doesnt make any money off of it.

I also want to do some radio theater, or at least read some out of print fantasy on Project Gutenburg.

I want to do a few interviews, perhaps with some big name folks eventually (how cool would an interview with Steve Jackson be?)

But mainly I want to keep you, and audience entertained....

So what would you like.

This is a chance for a few ideas.

Also I can use a co host or at least a regualar supporter(Dr. P) , via VOIP through Gizmo, a free VOIP program that supports native recording and call ins... its better than skype because it doesnt jack your bandwidth like skype does (which is why skype lags and crashes after 10 minutes)

If I do a gaming/ timewasting news segment then what do ya'll want to see most often... gamer news? Comics? Random cool stuff?

Mostly Im just curious what my audience should be...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2005, 02:31:16 PM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Podcast mark III
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 04:38:08 PM »
Well you already have access to both EUOL and Stacer, both of whom would make interesting interviewees.

SONY also just released a free VOIP that also does video, I'll have to do a search for it though, if you're still looking for something.

As for features, you could have "Entropy's Smackdown of the week!" or SE's page 44 as a segment.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 05:23:54 PM »
Video is a lot more editing than I want to do right now...
Just to do audio right its about 2 hours of work for every recorded 15 minutes...

however cool that might be I dont know if the world is ready for that...

But yeah EUOL and Stacer are on my "list" muhahahahahhahahhahah!

I have some doozy news stories this month too.
From the Xbox 360 to the interesting shakeups at Wizards...

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 05:31:04 PM »
true and Ent has a headset... so

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 08:16:37 PM »
Score! Ok The TWG podcast now has an official Radio Play... thanks to Phil and Kaja Foglio of Airship Press and Girl Genius...
I talked with Phil Foglio and he gave TWG permission to add the Girl Genius Radio Theater to our podcast. Girl Genius Radio Theater (Recorded at a Con that many folks on the board went to Norwescon) is Airships attempt to attract folks to their website and based on their thrice weekly Webcomic Girl Genius.
They have 3 shows now, and It appears they will have more in the future... so yay!

(If any of the Ed's need a copy of his permission I'll send you the Email)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 08:22:02 PM »
I don't think they'll need the e-mail but it might be nice for Fell to have just in case.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.